FX3 GPIF GPIO selection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LBence91
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello,

I am using the FX3 Superspeed explorer kit and I want to use it with a camera module. I need to reset the image sensor and for that purpose i want use the GPIO 33. But i am not able to select pins over 27 with the GPIF designer. I am not able to remove the default reset pin from gpif designer because the state machine uses it. Can i somehow overcome this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello Bence,

You can use INTR_CPU action in a reset state and handle this call back in FW and now you can use non-CTL GPIO, and again go back to state machine you can use FW_TRG. And you need to configure this GPIO as output.

Please refer to the below document.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\GPIFII Designer\documentation\gpif2_designer_userguide.pdf -- page 14 (4.3.16)

Best Regards,
Biren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Biren_R

Hello,

Can you please provide more information on interface definition details or complete GPIF project files in zip format to debug this case.

Best Regards,

Biren

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LBence91
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Basically I am using the fx3 uvc example project, but i need to modify it. I need gpio 33 to use as a sensor reset pin with a 16 bit data bus width.

Best Regards,

Bence

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Bence,

Only CTL pins are under the control of GPIF and we can use these pins as output from GPIF Designer, you can refer to this below link as a reference.

https://www.cypress.com/file/140296/download -- Page no 15 (Table 7. CYUSB3012 and CYUSB3014 Pin List)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\GPIFII_Designer\gpif2_designer_userguide.pdf -- Page no 12 (3.1.2.5)

Best Regards,

Biren

0 Likes
LBence91
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for your fast response. Is there any way to use a non-CTL GPIO for reseting the sensor? Can you give me a hint how to modify the default state machine for a non CTL pin based reseting?

Best Regards,

Bence

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Bence,

You can use INTR_CPU action in a reset state and handle this call back in FW and now you can use non-CTL GPIO, and again go back to state machine you can use FW_TRG. And you need to configure this GPIO as output.

Please refer to the below document.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\GPIFII Designer\documentation\gpif2_designer_userguide.pdf -- page 14 (4.3.16)

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes