FX3 Firmware Command Line Build.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ankitvats846
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, 

I create the .img file for Fx3 by using two ways one is EZ-USB-SUITE tool and second using Command line build.

When .img file created using tool and flash into the Hardware.  Then the Hardware is stable (Register WR/Rd from Host pc to FPGA is stable) and also stable when all 3 Hardware launch parallelly.

But when .img file created through Command line then Data transfer is unstable , not even to launch parallelly. ??

Command line build Steps I follow 

a). Install mingw installation manager.
    b).  From the installation manager, select the msys base package for installation.Then do apply changes.
    c).  Copy the Gen5Exerciser, and Gen5Analyzer folders to C:\Program Files\(x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware.
    d).  Replace the makefile in these folders (Gen5Exerciser, and Gen5Analyzer), with the one attached in this mail.
    e).  Now open cmd prompt, in admin mode. Run the below commands.
     f).  cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\Gen5Analyzer"
    g).  set path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\bin";"C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin";%path%
    h).  make all 

ankitvats846_0-1671157441632.png

I compare the both .img file they are different and size also command line build img is 121 kb and tool build is 148 kb in release mode. 

How I see the objdump file.

So, Which things we r missing ??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Could you let us know if you are facing the similar transfer issue when using the default UsbBulkSrcSink firmware? If yes, can you attach the error snapshots?

I tried building the UsbBulkSrbSink firmware using command line. The changes I made were adding the elf2img feature in the makefile. The make utility is downloaded through the cygwin installation and cygwin/bin is added to the environment variable.

I was able to build the firmware successfully and the firmware operated as expected.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

What do you mean when you say that "the data transfer is unstable"? Could you please explain the behaviour of FX3 when programmed with .img file built from the command line terminal?

I don't understand why MinGW, msys package, Gen5Analyser, Gen5Exerciser is used. Could you please justify?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes

Hi,

Data transfer failure means on going transaction from Host pc to FPGA stopped. Basically this XferData() api Fail.  On fx3 firmware side , Create a DMA AUTO channel for Producer to User transfer and User to Producer tranfser.

By using this MinGW, msys package I am able to use the make command on window command prompt. 

Gen5Analyser, Gen5Exerciser only project folder which contain .c, .h, .s file. This Firmware going the build using Command line. 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Using-Command-Prompt-for-Building-FX3-Proj... 

I try this but Command line not working

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you let us know if you are facing the similar transfer issue when using the default UsbBulkSrcSink firmware? If yes, can you attach the error snapshots?

I tried building the UsbBulkSrbSink firmware using command line. The changes I made were adding the elf2img feature in the makefile. The make utility is downloaded through the cygwin installation and cygwin/bin is added to the environment variable.

I was able to build the firmware successfully and the firmware operated as expected.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes