FX3 FLAGA behavior without USB3.0 cable connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Please tell me about the pin status of G7 (FLAGA).

Target parts: CYUSB3014-BZXI (FX3)
FX3 mode: SlaveFIFO
Target pin: G7 (FLAGA)
Phenomenon: After the power is turned on, the G7 output is undefined when the USB is not connected.

Assumption: Only the power is applied to the FX3 implementing board without connecting the USB cable.

Q1)  Please tell me the output specifications of FLAGA after the power is turned on and there is no USB connection.

Q2) After turning on the power, can the output of FLAGA become indefinite (Hi-z, etc)?
If so, what are the possible causes?

Q3)  As a workaround  for "Q2" above, is it possible to improvement the FLAGA output from becoming indefinite by changing the firmware of FX3 without changing the H/W?

Best regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Arai-san,

"After the power is turned on, the G7 output is undefined when the USB is not connected."
>> Could you let me know what you meant by G7 output is undefined? Is it tri-stated? Could you describe undefined a bit more?

What is the boot option for the FX3? Kindly refer to the application note for default states of IOs during different boot options : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN76405_-EZ-USB_FX3_FX3S_boot_options-ApplicationNotes-v12_00....

"As a workaround  for "Q2" above, is it possible to improvement the FLAGA output from becoming indefinite by changing the firmware of FX3 without changing the H/W?"
>> From this line I understand that you want to configure FLAGA to be tri-stated in the firmware. Is my understanding correct. If yes, make the driveLowEn and driveHighEn to CyFalse during GPIO configuration.

Could you explain a bit more about the application of this?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Arai-san,

"After the power is turned on, the G7 output is undefined when the USB is not connected."
>> Could you let me know what you meant by G7 output is undefined? Is it tri-stated? Could you describe undefined a bit more?

What is the boot option for the FX3? Kindly refer to the application note for default states of IOs during different boot options : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN76405_-EZ-USB_FX3_FX3S_boot_options-ApplicationNotes-v12_00....

"As a workaround  for "Q2" above, is it possible to improvement the FLAGA output from becoming indefinite by changing the firmware of FX3 without changing the H/W?"
>> From this line I understand that you want to configure FLAGA to be tri-stated in the firmware. Is my understanding correct. If yes, make the driveLowEn and driveHighEn to CyFalse during GPIO configuration.

Could you explain a bit more about the application of this?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes