FX3: Error building library files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I want to edit some of the code in "cyu3isr_armcc.S".

I'm trying to rebuild the library files - following the "FX3FirmwareSourceUserGuide.pdf"

When I use the "make CYCONFIG=fx3_debug CYTOOLCHAIN=armcc" command I get the following error:

$ make CYCONFIG=fx3_debug CYTOOLCHAIN=armcc

=== compile ... ===

01 Jun 2018 12:53:55

for subdir in rtos dma lpp pport storage mipicsi usb system fxapp   ; do \

C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU ARM Eclipse/Build Tools/2.8-201611221915/bin/make CYTOOLCHAIN=armcc -C $subdir compile  ; \

done

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 1: `      C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU ARM Eclipse/Build Tools/2.8-201611221915/bin/make CYTOOLCHAIN=armcc -C $subdir compile  ; \'

makefile:58: recipe for target 'compile' failed

make: *** [compile] Error 1

1. Can you please help me with this error

2. Once I can build the library files, how can I point EZ USB IDE to them when I build my application? Should I just replace the ".a" files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_debug"?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Regarding the error you are getting, can you mention what changes did you make to the cyu3isr_armcc.S file?

Regarding linking  new .a file to your application:

- Please look at your project properties under the following section:

C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols

- In that, go to Library paths section. You will find either ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH}/fw_lib/${FX3SDKVERSION}/fx3_release or ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH}/fw_lib/${FX3SDKVERSION}/fx3_debug.

If the path is as above, and if you are building the firmware in debug mode, then you will have to replace .a files in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\${FX3SDKVERSION}\fx3_debug

If you are building in release mode then replace the .a files in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\${FX3SDKVERSION}\fx3_release

- If your firmware uses GCC compiler then you may not see any library path mentioned in Library paths section. In that case you may have to replace the .a file in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_debug

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_release

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Regarding the error you are getting, can you mention what changes did you make to the cyu3isr_armcc.S file?

Regarding linking  new .a file to your application:

- Please look at your project properties under the following section:

C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols

- In that, go to Library paths section. You will find either ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH}/fw_lib/${FX3SDKVERSION}/fx3_release or ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH}/fw_lib/${FX3SDKVERSION}/fx3_debug.

If the path is as above, and if you are building the firmware in debug mode, then you will have to replace .a files in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\${FX3SDKVERSION}\fx3_debug

If you are building in release mode then replace the .a files in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\${FX3SDKVERSION}\fx3_release

- If your firmware uses GCC compiler then you may not see any library path mentioned in Library paths section. In that case you may have to replace the .a file in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_debug

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_release

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes