FX3 Development Kit Board-Mechanical Drawing is needed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MoAb_4664771
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to build my own board that attaches to the FX3 Development Kit board. I need a mechanical drawing of the FX3 board (preferably in PDF Format) that shows the spacing between the connectors. Is such drawing available?

Thanks,

Mo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Mo,

The distance between the center of the connectors as requested by you is 1640 mils or 41.56mm.

This is the gap that is shown in the red ? mark.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Mo,

Please find the FX3 Explorer Kit Hardware Design Files from the following link: https://www.cypress.com/file/133841/download

The above link will download only the hardware design files.

alternatively, you can find other relevant resources of FX3 from the link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyusb3kit-003-ez-usb-fx3-superspeed-exp...

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Thanks for the link. I reviewed the files in the link you provided, they include some external dimensions but no informaion about the spacing of the connectors. Of course such information can be extracted from the gerber files, but I dont have a way of viewing the gerber files in a way that provides me position information.

If possible, just provide the distance between the connectors.

Thanks,

Mo

0 Likes

Hello Mo,

Can you please clarify what do you mean by "the distance between the connectors" ?

Which connectors are you talking about?

Is it the distance between J6 and J7 connectors on the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit?

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thank you for your follow-up email.

I am referring to the connectors shown in the picture displayed below. Basically, I am designing my own add-on-card that interfaces with the Explorer Kit. At a minimum, I need the distance between the center of the two 40-pin connectors. Ideally, I would actually like the mechanical drawing of the board that shows the location of these two connectors w.r.t to some origin.

Regards,

Mo

0 Likes

Hello Mo,

The distance between the center of the connectors as requested by you is 1640 mils or 41.56mm.

This is the gap that is shown in the red ? mark.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Hello Yashwant,

Thank you for your response.

Could I also have the location and size of the four holes?

Thanks,

Mo

0 Likes

I found the hole sizes, but I just cannot find the location of the holes in any of the documents.

Could anyone provide this information?

Thanks,

Mo

0 Likes
MoAb_4664771
Level 1
Level 1

I found the hole sizes, but I just cannot find the location of the holes in any of the documents.

Could anyone provide this information?

Thanks,

Mo

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Mo,

The hole size is 118 MIL.

I have added the measure report documents from Allegro Physical viewer.

Please let me know if that's enough.

If this is not enough, please provide me a reference point from where you want the hole positions so that i can measure and share them with you.

Regards.

Yashwant

Thanks,

Mo

0 Likes