FX3: Bootloader is not running when downloading

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All,

I tryed to download with USB Control Center. I selecetd this option : Program ->  FX3 -> RAM.

But this tool said "Bootloader is not running : Please reset your device to download firmware."and I can not continue to download process.

I confirmed Streamer tool was running correctly, but in Bulkloop tool, does not work well showing "no device".

I installed SDK including host driver and "Cypress FX3 USB StreamerExample Device" was shown in device manager in win7.

My environment is as follows.

・SuperSpeedExplorerKitSetup_RevSS

・Windows 7 64bit

・CYUSB3KIT-003

How can I download firmware?

Best Regards.

Shiro

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi shirokurocats_1542536,

It looks like you have already programmed FX3 and a firmware is running in the FX3 RAM. In order to reprogram the FX3, the bootloader should be running. Please hard reset the FX3 using 'RESET' push button or power cycle the EVM to get the bootloader running for programming FX3.

Thanks,

KCNGP

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi KCNGP

I did not short all jumpers. After I did that,

I could download firmware to CYUSB3KIT-003.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

Dear all,

I recently have a  SuperSpeed Explorer Kit and I installed SDK  and running  Streamer Example correctly.

Do I have also to install SuperSpeedExplorerKitSetup_RevSS ?

What are the steps that I must take in order to be able to run  BULKLoop example?

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards
Nakshi
0 Likes