FX3 / AR0134 Image Sensor – Not working ( Black Screen).
Design is based on App note: AN75779
· Using the Cypress (CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit)
· Using the extension board (CYUSB3ACC-004) with a custom adaptor board with a AR0134 Image Sensor.
- Proper voltages getting to Custom sensor board adaptor.
- All Clock's look fine.
- I added code to decode correct Hardware Device ID and turn on LED.
– Inside debugger I made sure it is getting to next step past (SensorI2cBusTest).
- I2C address and registers have been changed and confirmed with logic analyzer. - (I even do a bus decode to confirm).
- Added a test pattern – to know what would be sent out.
Other tests checklist:
- Probing the address bus – I see the data line change per the ( test pattern I’m sending).
- Reading Section 8 of AN75779 – (Troubleshooting)
Added debug switch in the uvc.h file (DEBUG_PRINT_FRAME_COUNT)
Response: UVC: Completed 0 frames and 0 buffers
Counter is at zero and never changes:
Note from app note: If you do not see the incremental frame counter in the PC terminal program, there is probably a problem with the interface between FX3 and the image sensor (GPIF or sensor control/initialization).
I'm still using the same file (cyfxgpif2config.h) generated from the GPIF editor - from AN75779.
It enumerates correctly and shows up as the correct device FX3 - Using VirtualDub or other camer programs I just a black screen.
Does this mean I need to make changes in State machine, and I have a timing issue?
I'm not sure how to make the changes needed in GPIF editor -- I have Sensor Spec , but it is under NDA.
Solved! Go to Solution.