External clock usage in CYUSB303X system with 26 MHz clock-in signal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using a board which has a connection between 26 MHz oscillattor and clk-in pin of CYUSB303X system.

I want to use an external clock to GPIO16(PCLK) of GPIF II interface for my configuration.

I get a timeout error when I use UVC with external clock with http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75779-how-implement-image-sensor-interface-...  which has 26 MHz frequency.

Can connection between 26 MHz oscillator and clkin pin create  this type of error when I use external clock for system(UVC)?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is no problem expected because of the 26 Mhz clock -in input if the FSLC pins are set to [2:0] = 101, and if the clock meets the specifications and requirements specified in the FX3 Datasheet.

This is not related to the timeout error.

Are you getting the error only when using 26 MHz clock? Have you tried any other clock?

Where are you exactly getting the timeout error?

Is it in the CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer API? Please note that this API is called twice in the code. The API may return timeout out error during the second time at some instances, which is expected. It means, no more buffers are available till the next producer event.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get an error when grabbing images on Labview with Low-Level Grab. Camera is detected by LabView but timeout error occurs.

I only connect FVAL, DVAL, reset, CLK and DQ[7:0] pins of system which is shown in GPIF II. Another connection is required when I don't use I2C interface of sensor?

Also virtial Hub creates a black screen and cannot get any frame rate for video output.

Also I want to ask that CYUSB303X devices which has FX3S configuration capable to work with UVC?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1) When you face the timeout issue in labview, you should be getting a corresponding error message in the FX3 firmware also. Are you hving debug prints enabled in the firmware? If so, please check if you are able to get any information from it.

2) Anyway, the issue should does not seem to be related to the 26 Mhz clock.

3) Yes, those pins are enough. additional interface is not required.

4) Yes, CYUSB303X can support camera interface (upto 16 bits). But recording the realtime video data to the SD card directly is not possible. Just like FX3, you can stream the video from GPIF to USB.

Regards,

-Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I get timeout error 997 in Cypress Control Center in debug interface also. I am using ZTEX FPGA boards with ZTEX Firmware(FX3) and I can make data transfer like Bulk In and Bulk Out without an error.

Also all of Cypress Firmwares( slavefifo, streamer) creates same error when FPGA is programmed for their configuration.

Can it be related to with control endpoint? Should I send any command from control endpoint?

0 Likes