Example of UVC and UAC in single project?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello Everyone,

I want to create a project in which i need sound as well as video from the gpif, i am using EZ-USB FX3 board

Can you please provide an example for combine UVC and UAC and input taken from GPIF?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

There is no separate driver for Linux. It works with default Libusb driver.

Install the FX3 SDK for Linux available at the following link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Cypress has developed a wrapper using the LibUSB driver, which can be used to develop host applications in a Linux environment.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hello Sagar Lakhani,

We do not have any example project where UVC and UAC functionalities are combined.

We have separate UVC and UAC examples in our SDK. The customer can refer to these and get started.

suggestion:

If you have an FPGA in your design, the FPGA can setup two channels (one for video and one for audio) and use the GPIF slave fifo interface to transfer both video and audio data.

For example, we can setup two pipes in FX3, one for audio and one for video, and the FPGA can send out one frame of video data, and at the end of the frame it can send out the audio data corresponding to that frame on the other pipe (channel).

So, the best option for a UVC+UAC device would be to use a FPGA and a slave fifo interface and use two channels to stream video and audio data on the GPIF interface itself. Here, both channels could be auto channels and we can achieve high throughput.

If that is not possible, we can use the standard image sensor interface (FV/LV/PCLK) and take in video data through GPIF. And use SPI for audio data. But we should be careful not to introduce processing delays in the audio data channel, so that it does not affect the video data channel.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

Hi aani,

Thanks for your suggestion, i want to ask that what if my 32 bit gpif input contain video as well as audio and video and audio data are inseperable. How can i make my device act like UVC and UAC?

0 Likes

Hi Sagar Lakhani,

Which host application are you using?

which driver are you using?

Regards,

Anil Sirnivas.

0 Likes

hi aani,

i want to use vlc for my application and i am depending on the uvc driver on the host machine.

and i have one more query that..

if my 32 bit data has both audio and video and i have made my FX3 device as a UVC device, will my vlc be able to play both audio and video using a single uvc device and not needing UAC?

thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

If you want vlc be able to play both audio and video, you need both uvc and uac devices.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

ohk, can you please provide references and examples of cypress device driver. i am a total beginner in device driver field.

0 Likes

Hi,

1.Please refer the UVC examples  provided with the SDK in this path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\uvc_examples.

2.Please refer the UAC examples  provided with the SDK in this path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\uac_examples.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes

hello aani,

I have asked how to write device driver for host pc for cypress device. you have provided examples of firmware. i want to write my own device driver to get audio and video combined and then playing that with vlc or some custom application. Please provide any reference of device driver and example of it.

thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

Please go through the below link which contain cypress device driver file.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver"

Regards,

Anil Srinivas

SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3

Do you only have reference for windows device driver? i am working on linux and can you please provide linux device driver reference?

thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

There is no separate driver for Linux. It works with default Libusb driver.

Install the FX3 SDK for Linux available at the following link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Cypress has developed a wrapper using the LibUSB driver, which can be used to develop host applications in a Linux environment.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3

thanks for your help

0 Likes