EZ-USB FX3 SDK and OpenOCD stuck in CyU3PFirmwareEntry routine

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
markpark
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi

I'm currently having trouble trying to debug on a EZ-USB FX3 SDK. I have followed the instructions in the user guide but nothing seems to make it work properly. I am using a Olimex ARM_USB_TINY_H on the ARM and OlimexODS version of OpenOCD 0.6.1 with the Cypress EZ USB Suite version of Eclipse. (This is the only verison of OpenOCD that seems to work)

I am using the configuration file for the debugger from the OlimexODS package which was downloaded from their website, along with the arm926ejs_fx3.cfg in the files provided with the FX3 SDK which I modified to work with ftdi interface. I will attach them.

When I connect, I get a lot of warnings and errors in the console - also see attached file.

When the Eclipse debugger loads, I am stuck in the CyU3PFirmwareEntry. I have no options to step, and when I run it does nothing except stay at CyU3PFirmwareEntry. I believe it's supposed to run to main and break there but I am not seeing this. (Screenshot attached)

Any help is greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any more information that I might have missed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
markpark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have found the problem. We haven't got the correct circuitry for the clock line of the JTAG. We are missing the recommended Resistor and Capacitor and this is causing us the problem. If I slow the clock down from 1000kHz to 50kHz. I can make a connection.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

I have missed your folder with the attachments. Could you please share it with me again?

Also is the debugging getting stuck at CyU3PKernelEntry or CyU3PFirmwareEntry could you confirm?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
markpark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I did attach them but it's not showing up for some reason so here is a WeTransfer link: https://we.tl/t-iZjZQVe1lc

It's the CyU3PFirmwareEntry routine that it is stuck in.

Thanks.

0 Likes
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

Could you let me know on which OS are you working on?

Could you share with me the snippet of the device manager, wherever olimex has been enumerated?

Please look at the given link for similar issues : https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=5676.0

Could you share with us the snippets of the GDB OpenOCD configuration provided in Eclipse?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi

I am currently working on Windows 10 on the EZ USB Suite version of Eclipse.

I used Zadig 2.7 to flash in the drivers for it which are WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385).

I've attached some screenshots for you.

Thanks.

0 Likes
markpark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have found the problem. We haven't got the correct circuitry for the clock line of the JTAG. We are missing the recommended Resistor and Capacitor and this is causing us the problem. If I slow the clock down from 1000kHz to 50kHz. I can make a connection.

Thanks again.

0 Likes