EZ-USB CX3, USB3.0 and USB2.0 working at the same time.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm designing a USB camera device, I want to know if I can use the USB3.0 as the channel of UVC camera, and use the USB2.0 as the control channel of the other sensors at the same time?the USB2.0 will transfer data and control the G sensor and ALS sensor, these data and command will via the I2C interface to USB interface.

Is this possible and how can I implement it?

Thanks,

CII

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You cannot use the USB 3,0 and USB 2.0 interfaces at the same time. However, you can use either USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 alone for video and control channel at the same time.

All our present example projects support simultaeous video streaming and video control support and hence there are two interfaces defined for these.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

Two more questions,1. Can the Andriod device support FX3 chips? Is there any drives developed on Andriod system? 2. Can I connect the 9-Axis sensors by I2C interface of FX3 and send the data to Andriod Device or PC via USB 2.0? Is there a USB protocol to support this application? 

Regards,

CII

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. We have Linux SDK for FX3 in which we provide wrappers for libusb. You can use those if you want.

2. You can connect accelerometers via I2C interface of FX3. You can also send this data over to PC through FX3. You will need to create a DMA channel between the I2C sockets and the USB sockets. Refer to I2C examples on the FX3 SDK for these.

0 Likes