Download Firmware (SPI) without putting the Fx3 Device into Bootloader mode.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ankitvats846
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi , I need to Download the Firmware into SPI flash without switching the Fx3 into boot mode using jumper.

Is it possible ??

If Yes, then from where  I get the reference  .cpp Application code ?

Is  "cyfxflashprog" Example Firmware works in that case ? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

For this, your device should have a vendor interface and should also support the vendor commands that are present in the cyfxflashprog example project for programming the SPI flash. After this you need to develop a host application that sends these vendor commands to the device. You can make use of the following source code as a reference for building the utility:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\fwdownload_fx3

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

For this, your device should have a vendor interface and should also support the vendor commands that are present in the cyfxflashprog example project for programming the SPI flash. After this you need to develop a host application that sends these vendor commands to the device. You can make use of the following source code as a reference for building the utility:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\fwdownload_fx3

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
ankitvats846
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Can we read spi Flash when the FX3 Bootloader is running? 

0 Likes

Hello,

I did not properly understand this question. Are you talking about the ROM bootloader? If yes, then we do not have any control on the ROM bootloader. So, we cannot read the SPI flash when it is running.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi, 

In S25FL127SABMFI101 SPI Flash what is the   1) number of sector ?

2) Sector Size ?

3)  Number of Page ?

4) Page Size ? 

Need to Write Firmware  into the Flash memory . I am reference the UsbSpiDmaMode Firmware Example code.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the datasheet of the flash part to understand the details. If there are further queries, then please create a new thread in our flash community and one of our engineers will answer them.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes