Dma buffers are not receiving

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nihal_kumar
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello infineon team,

I am setting the maximum HDR exposure to 1 or 2 and Manual exposure as 10^6, I am able to get streaming as 3fps.

But When I set the maximum HDR exposure to 4 and Manual exposure as 10^6, It goes to 0fps with no buffers received in the CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer function. Can anyone explain why this behavior is happening?

On probing MIPI lanes, It active in both scenario.

cc: @Ajeethkumar_P 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Assuming that you are using  CX3 for the application, please check if there are no MIPI errors seen after the changes.

Please refer to this guide for more information  EZ-USB™ CX3 troubleshooting guide - KBA233853 - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Giraffe1492
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins 25 likes received 10 solutions authored

Hello, It seems that you are experiencing an issue with the frame rate when setting the maximum HDR exposure to 4 and manual exposure as 10^6. This behavior could be due to a limitation in the bandwidth or processing capability of the USB superspeed peripheral when handling higher HDR exposures. I am assuming that you are using a USB 3.0 or higher interface for streaming. When you increase the maximum HDR exposure, the amount of data that needs to be processed and transmitted increases, which could lead to a higher demand on the bandwidth and processing resources. If the bandwidth or processing capability is not sufficient to handle the increased data, it may result in a drop in frame rate or even no frames being received. To resolve this issue, you can try the following:

1. Ensure that your USB superspeed peripheral and the host system are both operating at their maximum supported speeds. Check the device documentation to confirm the supported speeds and ensure that the host system is also capable of handling the increased data rate.

2. Optimize your code and data processing pipeline to reduce the processing overhead. This may involve using more efficient algorithms, reducing the amount of data being processed, or offloading some processing tasks to dedicated hardware resources.

3. If possible, consider reducing the maximum HDR exposure or manual exposure settings to a level that can be supported by the available bandwidth and processing resources.

I hope this helps you understand the behavior you are experiencing and provides some guidance on how to resolve the issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Assuming that you are using  CX3 for the application, please check if there are no MIPI errors seen after the changes.

Please refer to this guide for more information  EZ-USB™ CX3 troubleshooting guide - KBA233853 - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes