Dialog when build GPIF project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

When build the slave's GPIF project after removing the FLAGC pin, GPIF designer asks:

"This project will be built using mirror states and state machine will be modified internally. Do you want to build?"

What doesn this mean? What is "mirror states"?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

I tried to reproduce the same but found that the dialog pops up even without any changes to the state machine, i.e., building the state machine file that comes with the appnote AN65974.

So, this mirror states pop-up is in no way related to removing the FLAGC at all.

You can ignore it as such since the mirror states are generated for the project entirely.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Please click on "Yes" or "Build" so that your new config.h file will be generated.

The GPIF II hardware imposes some limitations on the state machines that can be implemented. Mainly, these limitations are:

• Full support is limited to state machines that are limited to two (or fewer) outgoing transitions from each state. Such state machines are called binary state machine in the rest of this document.
  • Each transition equation is limited to the use of four (or fewer) trigger variables.

If you look at the Slave FIFO state machine, it has few states where outgoing transitions are more than two. Then GPIF II designer automatically uses mirror states. But there are few constraints on the transition equation if we are using mirror states. If our design does not meet those specifications then GPIF designer complains that it cannot build the project.

The constraints on transition equations are:

• The transitions can be split into groups of two each, such that each group applies to a specific combination of trigger values.
  • The transitions in each group should have the same transition equations after the global trigger terms have been removed.
  • The target states that share the same transition equation should not use conflicting actions.

For more information on mirror states, please refer to Section 4.5 GPIF II Constraints on Page No. 42 in the document gpif2_designer_userguide.pdf present in the SDK path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\GPIFII_Designer\gpif2_designer_userguide.pdf

You will get to understand everything about mirror states from that section.

Regards,
Yashwant

Last time when I build the slave GPIF project, there was no such dialog. Now when I removed FLAGC, it appear. Removing FLAGC doesn't seems to make some serious change.

0 Likes

Hello,

I tried to reproduce the same but found that the dialog pops up even without any changes to the state machine, i.e., building the state machine file that comes with the appnote AN65974.

So, this mirror states pop-up is in no way related to removing the FLAGC at all.

You can ignore it as such since the mirror states are generated for the project entirely.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes