Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MK97w
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Everyone,

On a custom

CX3 USB 3.0 board, i've tried to run the example code "Cx3UvcOV5640".  I am

using SEGGER j-link Plus Compact as debugger. I have installed all necessary drivers and made configurations according to the user manuel provided. I can run/halt CPU at any given breakpoint until the code enters the function "CyU3PUartInit()". After that point i get

"Error while handling inferior event:
Dwarf Error: Cannot find DIE at 0x0 referenced from DIE at 0x81d1"  error if there is another breakpoint exists. After this point i can no longer debug.

Capture.PNG

Strangely,  if i dont put a breakpoint on "CyCx3AppDebugInit()" which calls "CyU3PUartInit()", i can see the debugger can halt at next function after "CyCx3AppDebugInit()" which is "CyCx3AppInit()". In "CyCx3AppInit()" , after calling "CyU3PMipicsiInitializeI2c" i get

"Starting target CPU..."  after this point whole debug process stops.

Capture2.PNG

Has annybody faced this type of issue before?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Teja_N
50 solutions authored 5 likes given 100 replies posted

Hi @MK97w ,

If you want to debug using Segger J-Link, please use the FX3 SDK version 1.3.3 or try using a fresh PC as a workaround.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Teja_N

Hi @MK97w ,

If you want to debug using Segger J-Link, please use the FX3 SDK version 1.3.3 or try using a fresh PC as a workaround.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

0 Likes
MK97w
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for you fast reply,

Changing the SDK version string to 1_3_5 from 1_3_5 didn't work. Am i missing a step? Do i need to make another installation?

Capture3.PNG

0 Likes
Teja_N

Hi @MK97w ,

If you want to utilize Segger J-link debugging please backup your project files and un-install the existing FX3-SDK and then download and install the FX3 SDK 1.3.3.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

0 Likes
MK97w
Level 1
Level 1

https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.ezusbfx3sdk?_ga=2.153047289.1934141737.1701... at this link there are only 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 versions available.

Can you provide a download link of EZ-USB SDK 1.3.3

0 Likes
MK97w
Level 1
Level 1

I have found https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/tools-archive/usb-ez-usb-fx3-archive/?utm_sourc... for archived SDK's.

I have downloaded and replaced the files with 1.3.5. However i still get the same errors.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/FX3-SDK-version-1-3-4-not-able-to-suspe... at this link i have found a google drive link which used for sharing SDK version 1.3.3. But the link is down unfortunately.

Can you please share an exe file for Windows?

0 Likes
Teja_N

Hi @MK97w ,

Apologies for the misunderstanding, the pause and continue sequence of J-Link is the issue with the latest SDK. But multiple breakpoints is possible is working fine. I believe your issue is different. I will try to recreate the issue using the same SDK and let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

0 Likes
Teja_N

Hi @MK97w ,
We are working on your issue. Meanwhile, if you want to use JTAG debugging, please use FXS SDK version 1.3.3 or try doing it on a fresh PC as a work around.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja

0 Likes