Debug using USB2.0 port in Explorer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WeNe_1271406
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to step through the example firmware for EZUSB explorer kit.

If I just connect PC to the USB2.0 port on EZUSB and run CYPRESS EZ USB suite, is it enough to do this?  If not, what other hardware/software tools do I need?

Neo

0 Likes
1 Solution
MaAr_2545856
Level 4
Level 4
5 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Method 1: serial terminal software

To see the debug log message on PC you can use any serial terminal software , for example,hyperterminal , Realterm or putty.Do the following settings

1. choose the baud rate 115200.

2. Identify the com port from device manager and then open the port.

3. After these settings you will be able to see the debug messages printing on the screen.

Method 2: Debugging with OpenOCD

Open On-Chip Debugger (OpenOCD) is an open source debugger implementation that supports a variety of debugger probes.

A version of OpenOCD binary that supports debugging using the CY7C65215 part is provided with the FX3 SDK, under the OpenOCD folder. This binary is based on the OpenOCD 0.8.0 release and only supports the CY7C65215 part as a debug interface.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MaAr_2545856
Level 4
Level 4
5 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Method 1: serial terminal software

To see the debug log message on PC you can use any serial terminal software , for example,hyperterminal , Realterm or putty.Do the following settings

1. choose the baud rate 115200.

2. Identify the com port from device manager and then open the port.

3. After these settings you will be able to see the debug messages printing on the screen.

Method 2: Debugging with OpenOCD

Open On-Chip Debugger (OpenOCD) is an open source debugger implementation that supports a variety of debugger probes.

A version of OpenOCD binary that supports debugging using the CY7C65215 part is provided with the FX3 SDK, under the OpenOCD folder. This binary is based on the OpenOCD 0.8.0 release and only supports the CY7C65215 part as a debug interface.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can OpenOCD work with CY7C65215 on FX3 Explorer kit?

Neo

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes..

Please refer to section 3.2:Debugging with OpenOCD of EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf provided in FX3 SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

Tks, just what I was looking for.

This is an important document, the main webpage for EZUSB suite could have better organized to include links to this file.

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes