Debug problem for firmware of CYPD3125-40 adding TUSB1046I MUX control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChPa_1603671
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to modify the firmware of the CYPD3125-40 in Notebook mode to control our Mux from TI TUSB1046I.

I have problems debugging the firmware using the MiniProg3 and SWD jtag interface. The pins are configured correctly for SWD debug.

I am using the PSoC Creator 4.2 to build and debug the code and test it with the CY4531 development kit.

After programming the device I "Select Debug Target". Than I select "Attach to Running Target" to get in debug mode.

Most of the times i get stucked to the cy_bootloader() and dont come to the main.

Sometimes i come to the main() and can stepwise debug for some lines but than i get the message:

Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)

can someone help me debugging the CYPD3125-40 with the CY4531 devkit?

Thanks

Christian

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please use the noboot project to debug the firmware. You can refer to this thread How to debug cypd3135 in cy4531? .

Also please refer to this KBA : Debugging CCG3PA with a MiniProg3/Miniprog4 - KBA227291

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please use the noboot project to debug the firmware. You can refer to this thread How to debug cypd3135 in cy4531? .

Also please refer to this KBA : Debugging CCG3PA with a MiniProg3/Miniprog4 - KBA227291

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
ChPa_1603671
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks,

that solved my problem. I was able to debug the Code after setting the #define  HPI_WATCHDOG_RESET_ENABLE to 0 and the #define SYS_DEEPSLEEP_ENABLE to 0 in the config.h file of the noboot project.

Best Regards,

Christian

0 Likes