Debug Configuration in SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsPo_3827446
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I want to debug the program.  

Run->Debug Configuration

Error with command: gdb --version

Cannot run program "gdb": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Thanks

Esakki

1 Solution

Hello,

Please follow the suggestion mentioned in response 5 of the following thread and let me know if it helps:

Denebola CX3 board with JTAG Segger J-Link

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know the following details to understand the problem better:

1. Which firmware are you trying to debug? Is it an SDK example or your own custom project?

2. Are you making use of a custom board using FX3 or the Superspeed Explorer Kit or any other Reference Design Kits?

3. Please let me know if you are trying to debug with OpenOCD or using Zegger J-Link.

4. Did you go through the section 3 of EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf that comes along with FX3 SDK which describes in detail about JTAG debugging of FX3 projects? The document can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

Note: The path mentioned above depends on the installation directory of FX3 SDK.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

1. FX3 Superspeed Explorer Kit, both  example firmware and own custom project. Initially start with example SDK firmware -bulkloopauto.

2. FX3 Superspeed Explorer Kit.

3.  I followed EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf, I tried to debug with OpenOCD and Segger J-Link.

4. Yes, I went through the section 3 of EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf, upto step 7, I didn't get popup window, I got bellow error.

e1.JPG

Thanks & Regards,

Esakki

0 Likes

Hello,

Please follow the suggestion mentioned in response 5 of the following thread and let me know if it helps:

Denebola CX3 board with JTAG Segger J-Link

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes