Cypress fx3 example device 1 for linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OfOr_1738446
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello,

I designed a camera that the video stream runs on a UVC driver and the command interface on the control channel uses the Cypress fx3 example device 1 driver (I used the guide to install it).

It works well in win7 and win 10 but I can't find the Cypress fx3 example device 1 driver for linux.

I use the latest release of Ubuntu.

This is the results for: cyusb.conf and lsusb -t:

pastedImage_1.png

Where can I find the driver?

All the best,

Ofer.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please try adding the VID, PID and custom string entry as  Cypress FX3 Example device 1 and 2 in the cyusb.conf file and try using the library.

You can also replace the attached cyusb.conf file in the linux SDK, in which the two entries are added.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Ofer,

Please confirm that the FX3 SDK 1.3.4 for Linux is being installed from this link https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

The Cypress driver can be found in the SDK itself.

Please try programming FX3 with UsbBulkSrcSink example firmware (or any vendor class firmware ) of the SDK and then share the result of the lsusb -t command. This will help us to know whether the driver binds for the vendor class device.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

HI Rashi,

I finished developing. My camera has Its own hardware and firmware (based on AN75779). the UsbBulkSrcSink will not work.

On windows, I don't need to install the SDK to see video or send vendor commands, I only install the Cypress FX3 Example device 1 driver and it works.

I want to do the same for linux.

0 Likes

Hi Ofer,

Please let me know from where did you install the Cypress FX3 Example device 1 driver  on the Windows system

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

I found it in the driver folder in the windows SDK. But in Linux, I don't see it

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please try adding the VID, PID and custom string entry as  Cypress FX3 Example device 1 and 2 in the cyusb.conf file and try using the library.

You can also replace the attached cyusb.conf file in the linux SDK, in which the two entries are added.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello,

I actually got this working without the driver.

Thank you.

0 Likes