Cypress USB 3.0 to RGB888 parallel 24 bit output

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrKr_4633706
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I'm want to use the Cypress chipset for converting USB 3.0 to a parallel 24 bit RGB888 format. What chip would be best? Can the FX3 support this application? I only see examples 8/16/32 bit outputs. And the examples I see for CX3 are taking an input of RGB888 to output over USB. Do either of these chips meet my needs?

I'm trying to drive a display using a USB 3.0 input, the display takes 24 parallel lines input for RGB data.

Also I'm a noob, so thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Yes, once you have the driver ready for sending the image/video data from host to FX3, you can develop a GPIF interface for communicating with DLPC3435. You can make use of the interface timings that you shared in reply 4 and correspondingly generate signals from FX3. This can be done directly without the need for an FPGA. We do not have a reference project for the same as of now.

Please refer to the documents found in the following location in the SDK installation path and develop the state machine for the same.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\GPIFII_Designer

Note: The path mentioned above depends on the installation path of FX3 SDK.

If you have any more doubt, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies