Cypress EZUSB FX3 to stream video from OV7670

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi community,

I'm following application note AN75779 to stream the raw video data from OV7670. I'm connecting the FX3 to the host USB 3.0 port, which successfully recognized it as a USB composite device, I guess that's working alright.

However, since OV7670 does not support 1280*720 resolution, I'm modifying the VS frame descriptor CyFxUSBSSConfigDscr in cyfxuvcdscr.c, at 640*480@30fps. Another place I modified is uvc.c, the glProbeCtrl structure.

Also, the frame sync vsync signal output from OV7670 is active low, so I modified the GPIF II project and override the cyfxgpif2config.h file in the eclipse project.

After rebuilding the solution, I reflashed the FX3, AMCap successfully regonized the video resolution as 640*480, however, the whole video screen is all blank.

The UART debug console output prints UVC: Completed 0 frames and 0 buffers every one second.

Is there anything I'm missing in here? Do you have a working code sample for such?

Regards!
Jackie

0 Likes
6 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Jackie,

Please check your dscr.c file again to make sure everything is correct. After that you could use oscilloscope to check if the image sensor outputs data and if FV/HV works fine.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The necessary changes to add a different resolution/frame rate is mentioned in the below link. Please make sure that you have followed the instructions. 

http://www.cypress.com/forum/usb-30-super-speed/an75779-modification-fx3-streaming-image-sensor-data  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The page is no more available. Can you please send a copy of the same or provide another link where i can find it?

Thanks,

Ajay

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please provide the OV7670 project folder?

I hope will help me.

Thanks.

Nic

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ghjackie_2415896

You said that :

"Also, the frame sync vsync signal output from OV7670 is active low."

Did the active low really work? since no matter i choose active high or low, the result are the same

because of this, I have to change the sensor vsync polarity when i initiateing it.

0 Likes