CyUSB.dll- Visual Stdio2017 Win10 X64 Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
amos_chen2021
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I encountered a problem when I use the CyUSB.dll.  My development tool: Visual Studio2017. I can use CyUSB.dll normally in .NET Framework4 and X64 platform of Visual Studio, but when the .NET Framework version is 4.7.1/4.7.2, the software will cause a problem. So I want to know that whether the CyUSB.dll supports the .NET Framework 4.7.1 or 4.7.2 in X64 platform of Visual Studio2017.Run error message: "System.OverflowException:"Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."".

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know the version of CyUSB.dll used for developing the Application. If the version is not 1.2.3.0, then please do not use that version of CyUSB.dll. Please make use of version 1.2.3.0 for developing Applications. This version of CyUSB.dll comes along with FX3 SDK. As you might be knowing, FX3 SDK can be downloaded from the following website:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

After downloading and installing the FX3 SDK, the DLL can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\library\c_sharp\lib

Please try this and let me know the result. Also, is it possible to share the complete Visual Studio Project with us? 

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know the version of CyUSB.dll used for developing the Application. If the version is not 1.2.3.0, then please do not use that version of CyUSB.dll. Please make use of version 1.2.3.0 for developing Applications. This version of CyUSB.dll comes along with FX3 SDK. As you might be knowing, FX3 SDK can be downloaded from the following website:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

After downloading and installing the FX3 SDK, the DLL can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\library\c_sharp\lib

Please try this and let me know the result. Also, is it possible to share the complete Visual Studio Project with us? 

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes