CyU3PDebugPrint can not print any debug message.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Peya_4162826
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

import project “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\dma_examples\cyfxbulklpmanual”, can not receive debug message in function CyFxBulkLpApplnInit(), I only change to another FW, host can receive debug message.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi,

-If you are using the integrated debugger of the explorer board, pins (53:56) can be used for UART so if

- 16-bit configuration is used, the lpp mode should be UART_ONLY

- 32-bit configuration is used, the lpp mode should be DEFAULT

-If you want to use 16-bit configuration and DEFAULT lpp mode then pins (46:49) can be used for UART (this cannot use the integrated debugger)

Let me know which pins are you using for the UART and for which other firmware you are getting the debug prints.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hi,

-If you are using the integrated debugger of the explorer board, pins (53:56) can be used for UART so if

- 16-bit configuration is used, the lpp mode should be UART_ONLY

- 32-bit configuration is used, the lpp mode should be DEFAULT

-If you want to use 16-bit configuration and DEFAULT lpp mode then pins (46:49) can be used for UART (this cannot use the integrated debugger)

Let me know which pins are you using for the UART and for which other firmware you are getting the debug prints.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hi,

I would like to add to my previous response that If you want to use integrated debugger of explorer board with  16-bit configuration and DEFAULT lpp mode then pins (46:49) should be shorted to pins (53:56).

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes