CyAPI in Qt Creator with MVSC compiler

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Christophe
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello everybody,

I'm using Qt Creator 7.0.1 based on Qt 6.2.3 (MVSC 2019, 64bits)

I got several issues while trying to build my project.

Christophe_0-1652457336302.png

CyAPI.lib(CyAPI.obj):-1: erreur : LNK2019: symbole externe non r‚solu __imp_UnregisterDeviceNotification r‚f‚renc‚ dans la fonction "public: void __cdecl CCyUSBDevice::DestroyHandle(void)" (?DestroyHandle@CCyUSBDevice@@QEAAXXZ)

CyAPI.lib(CyAPI.obj):-1: erreur : LNK2019: symbole externe non r‚solu __imp_RegisterDeviceNotificationA r‚f‚renc‚ dans la fonction "private: bool __cdecl CCyUSBDevice::RegisterForPnpEvents(void *)" (?RegisterForPnpEvents@CCyUSBDevice@@AEAA_NPEAX@Z)

CyAPI.lib(CyAPI.obj):-1: erreur : LNK2019: symbole externe non r‚solu __imp_MessageBoxA r‚f‚renc‚ dans la fonction "int `public: bool __cdecl CCyUSBDevice::Open(unsigned char)'::`1'::catch$0" (?catch$0@?0??Open@CCyUSBDevice@@QEAA_NE@Z@4HA)

Do you know what is missing ?

my .pro file possess these libraries

LIBS += "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\library\cpp\lib\x64\CyAPI.lib"
LIBS += "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.19041.0\um\x64\SetupAPI.Lib"
LIBS += "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.31.31103\lib\x64\legacy_stdio_definitions.lib"
INCLUDEPATH += "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\library\cpp\inc"  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Christophe
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Rashi_Vasta,

Thanks for your time and your answer.

I did exactly what you showed and I found the problem. The problem is that the user32.lib is not added by default in qt creator so I had to add it manually and it solved the issue.

Regards, Christophe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

The issue seems to be with linking the CYAPI.lib. Please check the linker settings as attached in the snippet.

Also, please confirm if the build configurations are same as the linker setting configuration

You can also refer to similar thread Solved: How do I integrate CyAPI.lib with Qt ? - Infineon Developer Community

Regards,
Rashi
Christophe
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Rashi_Vasta,

Thanks for your time and your answer.

I did exactly what you showed and I found the problem. The problem is that the user32.lib is not added by default in qt creator so I had to add it manually and it solved the issue.

Regards, Christophe

0 Likes