Cx3 Ov7251 RAW10 output is converted to RAW8 output

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Yvan
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

This sensor works well in RAW10, but when I use RAW8, it seems to have problems and the HSYNC signal is completely missing.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yvan
Level 2
Level 2

In addition, in RAW10 mode, the register is set to 512x480 to be displayed at 640x480 resolution, which is also calculated from HSVNC and PLCK signal measurements. However, in RAW8 mode, the register is set to 512x480, the flow is normal, and images are displayed. The resolution calculated by signal measurement is 512x480. However, when the register is set to 640x480, the HSVNC signal disappears and the YSVNC signal is abnormal. Therefore, I am very confused. The data is 512/8*10=640, while in RAW8, the data is 512/8*8=512.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

What all changes were made to the firmware and hardware to stream RAW8 output instead of RAW10?

Is the VSYNC signal proper? How are the signals measured?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
Yvan
Level 2
Level 2

I set RAW8 enable on the sensor, RAW8 input on MIPI, and RAW8 input on MIPI. In addition, the following figure shows the configuration of MIPI. I used the logic analyzer to measure the VSYNC signal

屏幕截图 2022-09-29 095936.png

0 Likes
Yvan
Level 2
Level 2

In addition, in RAW10 mode, the register is set to 512x480 to be displayed at 640x480 resolution, which is also calculated from HSVNC and PLCK signal measurements. However, in RAW8 mode, the register is set to 512x480, the flow is normal, and images are displayed. The resolution calculated by signal measurement is 512x480. However, when the register is set to 640x480, the HSVNC signal disappears and the YSVNC signal is abnormal. Therefore, I am very confused. The data is 512/8*10=640, while in RAW8, the data is 512/8*8=512.

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

Could you change the output video format to 16 bit and check if HSYNC and VSYNC have no issues.

Could you share with us the MIPI configuration utility file (.cycx)?

Does the camera have a pin from where HSYNC can be probed? If not, what other method was used to probe the HSYNC?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yvan
Level 2
Level 2

hello,
I have set the output video format to 16, but when the camera is set to RAW8, the above problem is still the same. Only when the camera is set to RAW10, HSVNC and vsync are normal, and the camera has pins that can detect Hsync. The following is the screenshot of.CYcx

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

The settings in the configuration utility seem fine.

The issue might probably be present in the way image sensor has been configured or the way image sensor outputs data.
Could you try increasing or decreasing the PCLK from the image sensor and check if the issue is still seen?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
Yvan
Level 2
Level 2

hi,
I am sorry for replying you so late. These days are the National Day holiday and I am not working. Do you mean to increase or decrease the PCLK of the Image Sensor through the Image Sensor Configuration

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

I mean to change the PCLK of the image sensor from the register settings and change the Image sensor configuration if needed, (i.e., if change in PCLK results in change in any parameters of the Image sensor configuration utility).

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes