Converting Raw10 to YUV2 for CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sherrydodo
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello guys!

I would like to ask a question about the conversion for image format from RAW10 to YUV2. The CX3 MIPI configuration for my project is that the sensor format is using RAW10 as input and the output format is 16bit (YUV2) in EZ-USB.

I do not know how to convert image format in Windows system. The system is reading the RAW format image as YUV2. Currently, I am trying to use OpenCV to make the image format conversion, but I have met some difficulties. Would anyone mind providing the demo code or any suggestions for me?

Best regards,

Sherry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please let me know if you have created a CX3 project for streaming RAW10 output from an image sensor. Also, please let me know if you have referred to the following KBA which describes the changes that needs to be done on a project for streaming RAW10 data output from an image sensor using CX3:
https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Streaming-RAW10-Format-Input-Data-to-16-24-...

The KBA mentioned above gives detailed description on the steps that are to be followed to stream the video data from the image sensor to the host. CX3 can be configured to pack or pad the incoming data from the image sensor. For retrieving the original video stream, you need to develop a custom host application.

Unfortunately, we do not have a host application project to share for your reference. Kindly refer to the source code of any existing UVC host applications. You can use it as a reference for designing your own host application.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Sherry,

As per my understanding, you were able to stream the RAW10 data from the image sensor to the host without any issues. But you want to recover the original video stream from the data received at the host. Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Also, please let me know if the CX3 is packing or padding the incoming data (RAW10) from the image sensor. 

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Dear Jayakrishna

Glad to receive your response. I am sorry about my words. I mean the sensor is output RAW10 to CX3, and I use OpenCV to read the images through the output of CX3. We are guessing the output of CX3 is YUYV, and it is difficult for us to read YUYV format in OpenCV.

Best regards.

Sherry

0 Likes

Dear Jayakrishna

Hello, would you mind reading the post below? I encountered same issue but this has not been solved.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Low-Full-High-Speed/CX3-OV5647-RAW10-data-display/m-p/228564

Best regards,

Sherry

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if you have created a CX3 project for streaming RAW10 output from an image sensor. Also, please let me know if you have referred to the following KBA which describes the changes that needs to be done on a project for streaming RAW10 data output from an image sensor using CX3:
https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Streaming-RAW10-Format-Input-Data-to-16-24-...

The KBA mentioned above gives detailed description on the steps that are to be followed to stream the video data from the image sensor to the host. CX3 can be configured to pack or pad the incoming data from the image sensor. For retrieving the original video stream, you need to develop a custom host application.

Unfortunately, we do not have a host application project to share for your reference. Kindly refer to the source code of any existing UVC host applications. You can use it as a reference for designing your own host application.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Dear Jayakrishna

Yes, I have created a CX3 project for steaming RAW10 output from an image sensor. The link you sent to me, yes, I have read aout it but could not solve my problem as I do not how to develop a custom host application.

Thanks for informing me this. I will try to refer to the existing source code.

Best regards,

Sherry

0 Likes