Configuring fpga in slave selectmap

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SWM
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello!

Currently, I am developing the configuration using the slave SelectMap method by connecting the FX3 with the FPGA.

I can't find an example to create a Slave SelectMap image file.

How should I study to make an image file?

And, what is the correlation between 'GPIF  II Designer' and 'EZ USB suite'?

Thank You!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to AN65974 application note and let me know if it will helpful for interfacing FPGA to FX3 over parallel GPIF interface

As for tools, Is it correct to create a state machine in 'GPIF II Designer' and use it in  'EZ USB suite'?

>> Yes, after building the state machine (designed in GPIF II Designer) a header file is generated which needs to be included in the firmware project and can be built using EZ USB suite

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

From the description I understand that you want to interface FPGA to FX3. Is my understanding correct?

I didn't understand your application from the description. Please elaborate and share more details on the requirement.

And, what is the correlation between 'GPIF  II Designer' and 'EZ USB suite'?

>> EzUSBSuite is an IDE to develop/build firmware for FX3. GPIF II Designer is tool for developing state machine for GPIF interface of FX3.

Please refer to documents folder of FX3 SDK for more details (Path: FX3 SDK Installation Path\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc)

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
SWM
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

You are correct my question is trying to interface FPGA to FX3.

To use FX3, I bought CYUSB3KIT-003 and connected the hardware to FPGA with Slave SelectMap 16bit data method. What I need now is Firmware (image file). Unfortunately, only Slave Serial mode has an example, and Slave SelectMap(Parallel) does not have an example. Please tell me how to look at the document to implement the Slave SelectMap method.

As for tools, Is it correct to create a state machine in 'GPIF II Designer' and use it in  'EZ USB suite'?

Thank You!

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please refer to AN65974 application note and let me know if it will helpful for interfacing FPGA to FX3 over parallel GPIF interface

>> Yes, after building the state machine (designed in GPIF II Designer) a header file is generated which needs to be included in the firmware project and can be built using EZ USB suite

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes