Configuring FPGA in Slave SelectMap via GPIF II

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I am new to Cypress FX3 and I have some questions.

I found the example where is explained how to implement FPGA configuration in Master SelectMap mode using SPI. Is it possible to configure FPGA in Slave SelectMap mode using GPIF II? If so, could You tell me how to do it, or give an example project? Should I use GPIF II Designer to create my own state machine for configuration interface?

Thank You!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is possible to configure the FPGA in slave selectmap. But we do not have any example as such for this. The GPIF needs to be changed.

You can refer this example AN87216 - Designing a GPIF II Master Interface | Cypress Semiconductor where Fx3 is configured as a master and does data transfer with a slave.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is possible to configure the FPGA in slave selectmap. But we do not have any example as such for this. The GPIF needs to be changed.

You can refer this example AN87216 - Designing a GPIF II Master Interface | Cypress Semiconductor where Fx3 is configured as a master and does data transfer with a slave.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You for Your answer.

0 Likes

how can I use parallel configuration? Can I use CyU3PGpioSimpleSetValue to control the GPIOs connected to CCLK and 8 data pins of the FPGA? CCLK will be good enough to tranfer data? 8 data pins can update value at the same time? will the function CyU3PGpioSimpleSetValue run with an uncertain speed that causes the timing problems?

0 Likes

As to my understanding, In the configuration example AN84868, the configuration data are entirely stored at the FX3 before the vender command is sent. Some FPGA have a small volumn of configruation data and therefore can be stored. The configruation data of the FPGA I use achieves 2.7M Bytes. Is the ram of FX3 large enough to hold the data? If not, is there any solution?

0 Likes