Configure a video device and a UART device at the same time using CYUSB3065

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yama42326
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Is it possible to configure a video device and a UART device at the same time using CYUSB3065?

Also, is there such sample code?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello, 

I understand that the device should enumerates as UVC + CDC device.

Please refer to this KBA  Adding Communication Device Class Interface to FX3... - Cypress Developer Community   

You can also refer to this thread  Solved: Add CDC device to UVC - Cypress Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description I understand that the device is expected to enumerate as UVC (USB video device). Is that correct?

I didn't understand the meaning "UART device" requirement. Does that mean you want to use UUART interface of CX3 to read/write data over UART?  If no, can you please elaborate your requirement on that?

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Thak you for reply!

I would like to know if it is possible to recognize the CYUSB3065 board as a video device and also as a serial device when connected to a USB port on a PC. The UART is used to configure the MIPI device on the CYUSB3065 board. I want to be able to see the camera device and serial device on the device manager.

Best regards.

yama42326_1-1621410469130.png

0 Likes

Hello, 

I understand that the device should enumerates as UVC + CDC device.

Please refer to this KBA  Adding Communication Device Class Interface to FX3... - Cypress Developer Community   

You can also refer to this thread  Solved: Add CDC device to UVC - Cypress Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
yama42326
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello.

Thank  you for reply!

This is the information I wanted to know.

It looks like I can do what I want to do the way you teach me.

Thank you!

0 Likes