Complete Debug Print list of event and log in FX3 SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kevin_Lo
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 likes given First comment on KBA

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our customer engineers is using USBBulkSourceSink Example to test and get the UART debug log to acquire the error code to analyzer issues when attempting to establish USB SS communication.

We found that some of the reported error/event code are not listed from CYU3USB.H and cyfx3api.h such as 8x 9x

Would you kindly advise the complete Debug Print list of event and log in FX3 SDK for further debugging?

Thanks and Regards,

Kevin

Customer captured log as follows:  seems the USB SS Phy keep retrying and reset:

Uart Init Ok!!

debug initialized
USB EVENT: 11 0
About to connect to USB host
USB EVENT: 0 1
CyFxBulkSrcSinkApplnInit complete
USB LOG: 6
USB LOG: 88
USB LOG: 12
USB LOG: 89
USB LOG: 8A
USB LOG: 98
USB LOG: 4
USB LOG: 5
USB LOG: 24
USB LOG: 40
USB LOG: 41
USB LOG: 42
USB EVENT: 2 0
USB EVENT: 0 0
USB EVENT: 4 0
USB EVENT: 6 1
USB EVENT: 24 0
USB LOG: 51
USB LOG: 8C
USB LOG: 80
USB LOG: 81
USB LOG: 11
USB LOG: 9A
USB LOG: 41
USB LOG: 42
USB EVENT: 6 1
USB LOG: 51
USB LOG: 90
USB LOG: AC

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for the logs.

To narrow down the problem, please let me know if you are using the default              USBBulkSrcsink example of the SDK to test your custom board. And does the device enumerate as USB 2.0 device after USB 3.0 connection fails?

Also, please confirm if the USB 3.0 routing guidelines in https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN70707_EZ-USB_FX3_FX3S_SX3_hardware_design_guidelines_and_sc... are followed.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

From the prints it looks like the SSUSB connection is failing and falling back to USB 2.0.

Please refer to Q3 of this KBA and let us know if both hardware and firmware points are followed  Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumer... - Infineon Developer Community  

Also, from the USB logs I see that CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_LMP_EXCH_FAIL event is triggered. Please refer to this KBA for handling the event  Handling CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_LMP_EXCH_FAIL Event from... - Infineon Developer Community

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
cai
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

in the 'cyu3usb.h' file ,  It Indicates some USB event log values, but I can not find the means of "89 8A 8C 98" ,could you tell me? 

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Log values from 0x80 onwards represent the LTSSM state that the device went through.

#define CYU3P_USB_LOG_LTSSM_CHG (0x80u) /* Base of values that indicate a USB 3.0 LTSSM state change. */

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
cai
Level 1
Level 1

I test the VDD U3RXVDDQ U3RXVDDQ Volt

微信图片_20220929110121.jpg

It show the USB3.0 maybe not start,

Then I test the RX+/-, TX+/- signal:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

What can I do  next from hardware, Thanks!

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Thank you for  the traces but the noise level is not clear to me from the traces. Please confirm if  the noise on power supplies AVDD, U3TX_VDDQ, and U3RX_VDDQ is below 20 mV and on VDD is below 100 mV.

Also, please let me know if CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_LMP_EXCH_FAIL is handled in the firmware as mentioned in this KBA  Handling CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_LMP_EXCH_FAIL Event from... - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Now, The log show that When I retest,The other USB EVENT log do not appear.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Thank you for the logs.

To narrow down the problem, please let me know if you are using the default              USBBulkSrcsink example of the SDK to test your custom board. And does the device enumerate as USB 2.0 device after USB 3.0 connection fails?

Also, please confirm if the USB 3.0 routing guidelines in https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN70707_EZ-USB_FX3_FX3S_SX3_hardware_design_guidelines_and_sc... are followed.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
cai
Level 1
Level 1

It's true that I used the default USBBulkSrcsink example of the SDK;

the device can not enumerate as USB 2.0 device after USB 3.0 connection fails;

I checked the design rule about the 3065, Crystal, 1.8V and 1.2V supply volt is normal, but the USB3.0 U3RXVDDQ/U3TXVDDQ  the power capacitors are small.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please let me know if the issue is still seen if the recommended (in AN70707) capacitor values are used in your design. Ideally, if the USB 3.0 connection fails, the device should enumerate as USB 2.0 device. Please let me know if you are using the device in USB boot. If yes, the device enumerates as  Bootloader device (USB 2.0) without any issue. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, then the issue (device not falling back to USB 2.0) can be  because of the instable/no power  on U3RXVDDQ/U3TXVDDQ pins. Please refer to point 18 of AN70707

We would recommend to follow the AN70707 hardware design guidelines for the design

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes