Compiling fwdownload_fx3 from EZ-USB™ FX3 SDK for Windows with Visual Studio 2022

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fdelaplace
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I’d like to be able with Visual Studio 2022 to compile the project fwdownload_fx3 included in EZ-USB™ FX3 SDK for Windows (x32) (exe) 1.3.4. The default path of this project is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\fwdownload_fx3".

The first error I faced when I tried to compile was:

Error RC1015 cannot open include file 'afxres.h'.

I found out that by installing C++ MFC it would fix this error. Now I’m facing an other error:

Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol sprintf referenced in function "public: void __cdecl CCyUSBDevice::UsbdStatusString(unsigned long,char *)" (?UsbdStatusString@CCyUSBDevice@@QEAAXKPEAD@Z) FwDownloadApp C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\fwdownload_fx3\cyapi.lib(CyAPI.obj) 1

Could you please help me on this issue?

PS: I noticed that I have no trouble to compile all the projects in the C# folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp by opening the sln files for VS2015.

Thank you very much and have a nice one.

Best regards,

François Delaplace

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello François Delaplace,

you just need to add lib legacy_stdio_definitions.lib user32.lib in the project and then it will compile.

Best Regards,

Biren

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello François Delaplace,

you just need to add lib legacy_stdio_definitions.lib user32.lib in the project and then it will compile.

Best Regards,

Biren

Thank you very much Biren, it works fine now.

Have a nice one.

Best regards,

François Delaplace

0 Likes