Cannot reliably connect to Eclipse marketplace

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hardawayya
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I'm trying to import and work with an existing project in Cypress EZ USB Suite 3 and modify some of the project properties but many of the project properties are not available to modify. I think it is due to poor connections and missing plugins as I cannot reliably connect to the Eclipse marketplace and I get some connection and eclipse errors upon starting USB Suite.

Eclipseerrors.PNG

I have tried changing the eclipse.ini file, have played with the network connections, and tried turning off my firewall but to no avail. I am running Cypress EZ USB Suite 3 on Windows 10 on a 64 bit system. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello Andrew,

We can able open your FW and also able to build it, so look like your installation of FX3 SDK is not proper, can you try to uninstall and install again FX3 SDK and open your project?

Best Regards,
Biren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Biren_R

Hello,

Can you please attach the project file so we can check what is wrong happened with the project?
and as a quick check, I suggest just trying to use a new workspace and import your working project on that.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Biren,

Thank you for your prompt response. I tried recreating the project in a different workspace and I still got some errors

hardawayya_0-1644330240003.png

I've attached a zip file of the firmware. To create the project I have been using the Import -> Existing Projects into Workspace option and the navigating to the folder named "Minisceop_DAQ". 

My colleague who sent me the project his project explorer looks like this:

aharoni project view.png

When I create the new project I get mostly the same view except I am missing the "Includes" and "Binaries" folders which I think means I am not connecting to Eclipse and getting the appropriate plugins. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Many thanks again,

Andrew

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Andrew,

We can able open your FW and also able to build it, so look like your installation of FX3 SDK is not proper, can you try to uninstall and install again FX3 SDK and open your project?

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
hardawayya
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Biren,

I've tried reinstalling and that didn't seem to help. I downloaded the zip file from https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.ezusbfx3sdk?_ga=2.254785096.199438222.16445...

Is that still the best way to install? Can you suggest a different method of installation?

best,

Andrew

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Andrew, 

Yes, this is the link where you get FX SDK but I do not get it where you get zip file this link redirects you to select OS and select windows(x32) exe and you will get FX3SDKSetup_1.3.4.exe and then you need to install this exe file.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes