Cannot install CYUSB3 1.2.3.25 on Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mgiacomelli
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC for doing FX3 development.  Previously I was using the modified 1.2.3.25 CYUSB3 to enable > 4MB buffers.  However, on my new PC Windows 10 refuses to install the driver:

drivererror1.pngdrivererror2.png

If I revert to the old driver everything works, but then I cannot use larger USB buffers.  Do I need to do something special to get Windows to accept the Cypress certificate?

0 Likes
1 Solution
mgiacomelli
Level 3
Level 3

After a little more digging, it turns out that newer Intel systems with integrated TPM units default to using Secure Boot, which disables loading the Cypress signed drivers because they lack the MS certificates.  Disabling Secure Boot in my BIOS resolved the issue.

Hopefully a signed driver can be released to improve compatibility with modern hardware.  I'm not even sure the 1.2.3.25 would be possible to use on Windows 11, which I think must be in secure mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
mgiacomelli
Level 3
Level 3

After a little more digging, it turns out that newer Intel systems with integrated TPM units default to using Secure Boot, which disables loading the Cypress signed drivers because they lack the MS certificates.  Disabling Secure Boot in my BIOS resolved the issue.

Hopefully a signed driver can be released to improve compatibility with modern hardware.  I'm not even sure the 1.2.3.25 would be possible to use on Windows 11, which I think must be in secure mode.

0 Likes