Can Window 7 directly use Window 10 FX3 Firmware?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Wellington
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi,

I have two OS (Window 10 x64 and Window 7 x64). The FX3 firmware were develop on Window 10 PC and able to work. When I copy the Firmware (.img file) into Window 7 and use. The behavior will be very strange and i could not stream my video.

Besides, Even Reading the CY_FX_RQT_SPI_GET_VERSION Version number on Window 7 will give a strange number. For example, we set the version number to be 1.2.3.4 and able to display correctly on Window 10. Window 7 will give random reading such as 113.323.23.22. The number would be different each time we read.

May I know is there a compatible issue if direct copy window 10 built FX3 firmware into Window 7?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Even when you test with windows 7 PC, the firmware is basically the same as that which you used for testing with Windows 10.

So, you will have check what is different on the Host side.

Please take a usb trace and check what data is sent by the device and what is displayed by the host application.

Regards,

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Even when you test with windows 7 PC, the firmware is basically the same as that which you used for testing with Windows 10.

So, you will have check what is different on the Host side.

Please take a usb trace and check what data is sent by the device and what is displayed by the host application.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes