Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ahmedms
Level 3
Level 3
First like given 25 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Is there a way to use GPIO_16 as the Output pin in GPIF-II Designer?

Ahmedms_0-1679279450321.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Unfortunately, GPIO_16 is not available from GPIF  Designer Tool (even if the clock is not used). Please use other GPIOs available in the GPIO list of the tool

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

GPIO16 of CYUSB3035 is already is used as PCLK/CLK (first signal in the shared snippet) , it cannot be used as output pin 

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi, 

I understand it is used for PCLK but is there a way to override this configuration?

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Even if the GPIF interface is used in asynchronous mode (no PCLK), GPIO_16 will not be listed under the available GPIO list of GPIF II Designer. So, GPIO 16 can not be used from the GPIF state machine.

Please let me know what functionality is needed from GPIO 16 so that I can help to suggest an alternative for the same, if possible.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

I want it to be a normal GPIF Output pin (which I can set high or low using the GPIF State machines).

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Unfortunately, GPIO_16 is not available from GPIF  Designer Tool (even if the clock is not used). Please use other GPIOs available in the GPIO list of the tool

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes