CYUSB4347 DMC I2C access for Embedded Controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ping
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Avnet(GC)
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is there any document to list out all those I2C registers with descriptions for DMC I2C Slave (I2C_2) access from Embedded Controller?

The Embedded Controller queries the Hub status & controls the individual USB port to be enable or disable on different application.

Thanks for the support.

Best regards,

Ping 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Ping,

Thanks for posting in Infineon Developer Community!

DMC supports I2C registers to respond to queries from the Embedded controller. But we do not have any documents on the web regarding this register level details.

As you can configure the hub firmware directly using the HX3PD configuration utility,  can you explain the use case for using EC to control the hub?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Ping,

Thanks for posting in Infineon Developer Community!

DMC supports I2C registers to respond to queries from the Embedded controller. But we do not have any documents on the web regarding this register level details.

As you can configure the hub firmware directly using the HX3PD configuration utility,  can you explain the use case for using EC to control the hub?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
Ping
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Avnet(GC)
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi Ajeeth,

Thanks for your support first.

The hub firmware which I am using is a custom build version provided by Infineon support.

The Super Speed Hub works excellent. But now would like to have further control to disable/enable on the USB port at run time, like virtual eject/insert.

From the hardware design, there are arm processors (Xilinx MPSoC) with two USB3.0(with USB2.0 capable) ports connected to CYUSB4347 (P4 & P5) on the same PCB by differential traces layout. And there are two USB classes that will be emulated by the processor, one is the DFU for processor Firmware download, and another one is the UVC cameras application.

Could you provide an example code or a set sequence of I2C register writes for P4 (P5) USB port to perform disable/enable or port reset?

Not sure is it able to have a status check on P4 (P5) to see if is USB attached or not, also would like to check is now connected with USB 2.0 or 3.0.

Thanks & regards,

Ping 

0 Likes