CYUSB3KIT-003 - how to increase ISOC performance?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
irvac_3453546
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using CYUSB3KIT-003 for ISOC_OUT traffic. I'm running as USB3 device via Streamer app and the max Transfer Rate I was able to get is 216000 KB/s which is only  ~1.7G from avialable 5G of Gen2

I'm tried different images from USB suite (USBIsoSource, USBIsoSourceSink, USBIsochLoopAuto, USBIsochLoopManualAllOut) and also tried to increase burst and packet size, but still cannot get more then 1.7G.

Also tried to connect directly and via Hub...

How can I increase the Transfer rate?

Thanks,

Irena

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The ISO packet throughput can be increased  by increasing the buffer size, burst size, buffer length, Iso packets number. For more details, please refer section 6 (Isochronous Transfers) in the below application note:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an86947-optimizing-usb-30-throughput-ez-usb-f...

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The ISO packet throughput can be increased  by increasing the buffer size, burst size, buffer length, Iso packets number. For more details, please refer section 6 (Isochronous Transfers) in the below application note:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an86947-optimizing-usb-30-throughput-ez-usb-f...

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

Hi Madhu,

Thank you for your help!!! The throughput has really increased!

But now I have another issue.

I need to connect to USB hub several ISOC devices to reach backpressure.

But when I connect additional device (with the same image) the second device is working much slower and I starting get a lot of failures.

I’m just studying USB and I guess that problem could be that both devices are using the same ports. Is that correct?

How can I get several devices working with the high throughput?

Thanks,

Irena

0 Likes