CYUSB3014 superspeed open and short test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xwf72
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I designed a USB test module using CYUSB3014. This USB test module is used to test the USB HUB. The module runs the cyfxbulksrcsink example, and the circuit design completely refers to CYUSB3KIT-003.

I simulated some open-circuit and short-circuit faults of the superspeed signal on the USB HUB side, and then verified whether these faults can be detected by the CYUSB3014 module, and found that the following three fault tests failed:

1. SSRX_N open: Enumeration and data communication are completely normal.
  2. SSTX_P shorted to GND: Enumeration and data communication are completely normal.
  3. SSTX_N shorted to GND: Enumeration and data communication are completely normal.
  4. SSRX_P shorted to GND: Enumeration and data communication are completely normal.
  5. SSRX_N shorted to GND: Enumeration and data communication are completely normal.

What's the problem?

Is it possible to modify the firmware to solve all or some of the above problems?

If it can't be solved by modifying the firmware, what hardware circuit can solve the above problems, I hope to get your suggestions.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

Look like CYUSB3014 fallback to USB2.0 and enumerated on the host side.

- Can you please check UART log at CYUSB3014 side?
- You can try by calling CyU3PUsbControlUsb2Support (CyFalse); before CyU3PConnectState(CyTrue, CyTrue); this will not allow CYUSB3014 fallback USB2.0.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
xwf72
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I'm sure 3014 doesn't go back to USB2.0, actually my program has disabled USB2.0.

Through the LOG and internal status, I observed that the 3.0 enumeration is complete, and the throughput test is also normal, with read and write rates up to 250MB/s.

I think this kind of problem should be analyzed from the physical layer of the superspeed signal.

0 Likes
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Can you please share the Wireshark trace and UART log to confirm what activity happens on the USB 3 bus? 

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes