CYUSB3.inf not copying script into destination directory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ThAl_4704151
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello all,

I found in CyUsb3.pdf the instructions to configure the inf file, although I don't have much experience with inf files in general. I've added my devices VIDs and PIDs, and they enumerate properly, so that's a good start.

I'm currently trying to get the script feature to download the firmware into the FX3 when it attaches. I have it in a state where it creates the registry entry that points to the script location, and I've made sure that folder exists (and it is a subdirectory of System32). If I copy the script manually, it runs and downloads the firmware when the FX3 connects, so that's excellent. The trouble is that it doesn't copy the script into that location when I install the driver.

Is it supposed to copy the script, or am I supposed to do it myself? If so, what have I missed?

While I'm on the topic, is there any way to make the INF file create the folder if it doesn't already exist, or am I on my own for that? It seemed from other answers I saw that it might not be possible to create the folder from the INF file.

I'll attach the files so you can see what I've done so far.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to section 2 of Cyusb3.sys programmer's reference in the FX3 SDK (Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB)

It mentions the the following:

1. Use the CyControl.exe application to create a script file containing the control transfer commands.
2. Save the script file
3. Place that script file in the same directory as mentioned in the driver's .INF file

While I'm on the topic, is there any way to make the INF file create the folder if it doesn't already exist, or am I on my own for that? It seemed from other answers I saw that it might not be possible to create the folder from the INF file.

>> The folder for the script file needs to be created manually

Please let me know if there are more queries on this

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to section 2 of Cyusb3.sys programmer's reference in the FX3 SDK (Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB)

It mentions the the following:

1. Use the CyControl.exe application to create a script file containing the control transfer commands.
2. Save the script file
3. Place that script file in the same directory as mentioned in the driver's .INF file

>> The folder for the script file needs to be created manually

Please let me know if there are more queries on this

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

So, to confirm, it's not supposed to copy the script for me, and I'm on my own for that too.

I ask because the three steps in the copy of that document I received are different than the ones you've quoted. In particular, the third one says the following:

3. Place that script file in the same directory as the the driver's .INF file

It also had an example INF file, which I tried to use to adapt the sample INF file.

I originally put my script in the same folder as the INF file, that is the one from which I ran the INF file, but it didn't run the script when the device enumerated. That's what led me to try to investigate, which led me to figure out that it wasn't copied, and if I copied it to the referenced location myself, it runs.

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, the script file needs to be placed/copied in the location referenced/mentioned in driver's .INF file. 

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes