CYUSB3 Driver Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlanReamon
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

We are seeking paid assistance to solve a communication problem between the Cypress FX3 and computers using USB 3.0. We have written some custom code that gets the buffer contents in a loop. We have installed Cypress driver CYUSB3.SYS version 1.2.3.20

With this code, we are able to transfer 1GB data in about 8 sec on an HP Z440 computer running Windows 7 running CYUSB3.SYS 1.2.3.3, and on several other computers running Windows 10.

However, when we try to run on our Lab computer, a Dell Xeon W-2125 4GHz with 64GB RAM, x64-based processor, communication times out above 512K data, and inserts a 10 sec delay. This delay is inserted multiple times depending on the data size. We can affect this problem by slowing down the capture loop by inserting internal looping to take up processing time, but this isn't a solution

We are requesting assistance in a proper solution to this problem

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that data transfers using Cypress driver version 1.2.3.3 works fine (i.e. around 1GB data in 8 seconds ) but on installing Cypress driver version 1.2.3.20 the transfers are slower. Is my understanding correct?

Is yes, the driver version 1.2.3.3 is not certified for Windows 10. The driver version 1.2.3.20 is Universal driver which is certified for Windows 7 and Windows 10.  Also, we do not recommend to use an older version of driver for development as newer versions perform better compared to older ones.

This delay is inserted multiple times depending on the data size.

>> Please let us know more about your application so that we can understand the cause of failure. What is the type of data transfer? Is it bulk or interrupt or isochronous? If possible, please test the data transfer with the Cypress Streamer Application (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit) and share a snapshot for us to check.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that data transfers using Cypress driver version 1.2.3.3 works fine (i.e. around 1GB data in 8 seconds ) but on installing Cypress driver version 1.2.3.20 the transfers are slower. Is my understanding correct?

Is yes, the driver version 1.2.3.3 is not certified for Windows 10. The driver version 1.2.3.20 is Universal driver which is certified for Windows 7 and Windows 10.  Also, we do not recommend to use an older version of driver for development as newer versions perform better compared to older ones.

This delay is inserted multiple times depending on the data size.

>> Please let us know more about your application so that we can understand the cause of failure. What is the type of data transfer? Is it bulk or interrupt or isochronous? If possible, please test the data transfer with the Cypress Streamer Application (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit) and share a snapshot for us to check.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes