CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_EGRESS_DATA or CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dacrc_4008436
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I am using an FX3, still in the superspeed development kit.  It is connected to an ADC and I can stream data from the ADC via the FX3 into a PC using GPIF_example 1 firmware, an all new state machine, and the CollectData PC Utility.  To start the ADC, I did have to send out two 32 bit words to the ADC.  These were coincidentally the same value, so I was able to load the data counter and then output this twice using DR_DATA with the correct timing within the GPIF II designer state machine.

However, this only allows me to use the ADC in its default mode, I actually need a different mode.

I now need to send more configuration words to the ADC.  However, there only seems to be this one counter you can directly load in the GPIF II designer.  How can I output other fixed words to configure the ADC before starting the streaming?  I would appreciate a fully explicit answer, I am new to this.  This may be related to the CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_EGRESS_DATA(thread_number) macro to source data from registers or CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords() for sockets but can someone provide details of how these are used. How do I write data into these sources (presumably in the firmware) and then put them out on the data lines with GPIF II?

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello,

Please find the attached document that explains the usage of CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords and CyU3PGpifReadDataWords.

0 Likes

OK I am still really struggling with this.  Is there a developer/consultant who could take on a design of a FX3 USB 3 interface, preferably in the UK for our convenience but worldwide as long as their english language is good?  I have checked the Cypress Design Partners Program but I can't find anyone suitable.  As a minimum you must understand in full detail the project above.  Please contact me via david.cruickshank@metrosol.co.uk if you are interested.

David,

You may contact our design partner E-Con Systems.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes