CX3 debug with jlink

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi

I encountered these problems while debugging the example USBBulkSourseSink in CX3 and my own configured CX3 UVC project using jlink .
1. When debugging the program, it does not stop at breakpoints.
2. When I step over CyU3PKernelEntry () API, it keeps debugging and does not stop.
I don't know if there is a problem with the debugging function or I have a debugging configuration error somewhere, because I have this problem with the example firmware debugging in CX3.

When I debug with USBBulkSourseSink it functions correctly, but there is no way to do single step debugging because the program doesn't stop every time it runs, so I have no way to debug at all。

yaqi_4776616_0-1615338416793.pngyaqi_4776616_1-1615338439721.pngyaqi_4776616_2-1615338465927.png

My settings should be fine

yaqi_4776616_3-1615338552081.pngyaqi_4776616_4-1615338596259.png

When the debugging does not stop, I click terminate or suspend or disconnect to no avail, I can only disconnect jlink.

I hope someone can help me solve this problem, thank you very much!

Best Regard,

Yaqi

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

In the source tab of debug configuration, please try adding Path relative to source folders by selecting add option and let me know the result.

Also, I find that you have created another thread describing the same issue in our community. The link to that thread is given below:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Low-Full-High-Speed/CX3-JLINK-DEBUGGING/td-p/269347

Kindly post the results of the suggestion given in this thread on the thread mentioned above instead of creating new threads. We will carry forward our discussions on this issue in the thread mentioned above.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

In the source tab of debug configuration, please try adding Path relative to source folders by selecting add option and let me know the result.

Also, I find that you have created another thread describing the same issue in our community. The link to that thread is given below:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Low-Full-High-Speed/CX3-JLINK-DEBUGGING/td-p/269347

Kindly post the results of the suggestion given in this thread on the thread mentioned above instead of creating new threads. We will carry forward our discussions on this issue in the thread mentioned above.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes