CX3 connects two piece sensors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello.
My project now needs to drive two IMX294 image sensors through CX3 and transfer the data to PC.
I am facing the following problems.
1. I have two IMX294 sensors, one CX3, and one FPGA, I want to drive and capture images from both sensors at the same time, is this solution feasible?
2. If it is possible, can you tell me the feasible solution? Or do you have the same case to share with me?

Best Regards,

Yaqi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to Q6 of this KBA CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA9129... - Cypress Developer Community

Please refer to this design which uses two image sensors with CX3  (along with ISP) https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/tania-cypress-cx3-socionext-isp-referen... 

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to Q6 of this KBA CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA9129... - Cypress Developer Community

Please refer to this design which uses two image sensors with CX3  (along with ISP) https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/tania-cypress-cx3-socionext-isp-referen... 

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have one more question, can you help me answer it?
Is it possible if I use two CX3 chips to collect the output data of two sensors at the same time?

yaqi_4776616_0-1617084904699.png

Regards,

Yaqi

0 Likes

Hello,

Is it possible if I use two CX3 chips to collect the output data of two sensors at the same time?

>> Yes, two CX3 can be connected to the host and simultaneous streaming from two CX3 can be done.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

Thank you for your help .Since I want to use two CX3s to drive two sensors each next,I want to investigate this solution and some details.

1、So when using one host to drive two CX3s, one EZ USB Suite will do?

2、Do I need to set anything different to drive two CX3s at the same time?
3、How do I ensure that they are driven at the same time?
4、Does the UVC image data transferred from the CX3 to the host need to be displayed on both camera devices at the same time?

Best Regards,

Yaqi

0 Likes

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

1、So when using one host to drive two CX3s, one EZ USB Suite will do?

>> EzUSBSuite is just used to build the firmware and generate .img file. Firmware for both the CX3 can be build using a single EzUSBSuite

2、Do I need to set anything different to drive two CX3s at the same time?

>>  You need to follow the same steps to stream the video as done when single CX3 is connected to host.

>> Please let me know  more about your application. What exactly is your requirement?

4、Does the UVC image data transferred from the CX3 to the host need to be displayed on both camera devices at the same time?

>> When two CX3 are connected to the host, it will behave in same way as if two  different camera modules are connected to the host/PC.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rashi

>> Please let me know  more about your application. What exactly is your requirement?

My requirement is to ensure that the sensors connected to the two CX3s can be driven simultaneously using a PC, and that the output data from the sensors is transferred to the PC for display at the same time. It is to implement a binocular camera function.

Best Regards,

Yaqi

0 Likes
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I would like to clarify my question
1, two CX3 connected to two pieces of the same senor, when two pieces of CX3 connected to a PC, you mean in the PC will appear two USB cameras?
2, if two USB cameras appear on the PC, then how can I drive two sensors to take pictures of the same moment?
3、Can two CX3s be connected to a USB hub and then connected to a PC?

Best Regards,

Yaqi

0 Likes

Hello,

1, two CX3 connected to two pieces of the same senor, when two pieces of CX3 connected to a PC, you mean in the PC will appear two USB cameras?

>> Yes

2, if two USB cameras appear on the PC, then how can I drive two sensors to take pictures of the same moment?

>> If the application is to  bring out the best picture quality from two image sensors simultaneously, then it is recommended to connect two sensors to one CX3 via ISP/FPGA

3、Can two CX3s be connected to a USB hub and then connected to a PC?

>> Two CX3 will behave as two USB cameras which can be connected to host via USB Hub

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes