CX3 UVC video stream crashed without any DMA reset or MIPI Error occurs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dawa_2529456
Level 4
Level 4
5 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Dear Sir,

My CX3 stream video steam crashed occasionally, without any DMA reset and CX3 mipi error occurs.

We add 2 hid devices combined with UVC device, which can support HID button and also can read/write sensor registers by HID.

It seems HID operation has effect on UVC DMA transmition, and then the video stream may be crashed occasionally. 

Can you give us some debug suggest

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know if HID interface works as expected when the problem is seen on UVC. Does the video streaming resume after the crash or does it stop ?

Please share the UART debug prints and also capture the USB traces using a software analyzer like Wireshark and share the traces for us to understand the problem.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
dawa_2529456
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Rashi,

All two hid sub classes are working normally, no cx3 mipi errors or DMA reset shows. it seems HID transaction make GPIF states wrong,  the crashed video  can show video continuously, we also can see the things in the video. when we call CX3 mipi hardware reset api, the video can return to norm.

Best regards!

David    

0 Likes

Hello David,

Please let me know the DMA channel type used for HID functionality and the producer and consumer socket for the DMA channel.

Also,  how frequent is the crash seen and if the video is seen how is the crash recognized. Please share the UART debug prints and also capture the USB traces using a software analyzer like Wireshark and share the traces for us to understand the problem.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
dawa_2529456
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Sir,

If I call these two api, the same error will be met, no any uart trace waring .

CyU3PGpifDisable(CyFalse);
CyU3PGpifSMStart (CX3_START_SCK0, ALPHA_CX3_START_SCK0);

so, the root cause is from GPIF state disorder.

Best regards.

David

0 Likes

Hello David,

We would need more information to debug the issue. It would be easier for us to debug the issue if you provide UART debug prints and the USB  wireshark traces

CyU3PGpifDisable(CyFalse);
CyU3PGpifSMStart (CX3_START_SCK0, ALPHA_CX3_START_SCK0);

so, the root cause is from GPIF state disorder.

>> Can you please let me know when are these APIs called. If possible please share the firmware for us to check 

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
dawa_2529456
Level 4
Level 4

crashed.jpgnorm.jpg

0 Likes