CX3 USB 3.0 connection failed on PC(Direct)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Myongho_Nov
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi.

I'm  using CX3(CYUSB3065).

When test using Stremer Program, the USB hub Operates normally.

But Fail occurs when connecting directly to PC.

Myongho_Nov_0-1638171148691.png

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please refer to this link for the error code 0xc000000e [MS-ERREF]: NTSTATUS Values | Microsoft Docs 

Also, I understand that you are using a modified USBBulkSrcSink firmware. Is my understanding correct? If yes, please share the modified firmware for us to check

To debug this issue please register for CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RESET_EVT in the CyU3PUsbRegisterEpEvtCallback and let me know if this event is seen?

Also, from the logs I can see 0xAC which corresponds to CYU3P_USB_LOG_USB_HP_TIMEOUT - Header Packet acknowledgment has not been received before the timer expires. This event occur due to a bad USB link.

Please confirm if the SDK version you are using is 1.3.4. with the build variable (project settings> c/c++ build>Build variable) of the firmware as 1_3_4

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know the following:

- Is the issue seen on all the ports of the PC?

- Can you please program CX3 with USBBulkSrcSink firmware  of FX3 SDK 1.3.4 (Path: FX3 SDK Installation Path\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples) and let us know if the issue is seen. If yes, please share the UART debug prints when the failure is seen.

- Is the issue seen on multiple PC ?

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Thanks for your reply

- Yes. It appears the same on all ports on the pc. Also on other pc.

It works normally when connected through a USB hub.

- When USBBulkSrcSink is excuted, uart debug messages art not printed.

thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

It seems that the problem is with the USB3.0 link. To confirm that please let me know the following

- Is the issue seen when device is plugged into USB 2.0 port

- Please share the USB traces using Wireshark when the issue is seen with USB 3.0 connection

- Please confirm if USB IF certified cable is used to connect the device to host.

When USBBulkSrcSink is excuted, uart debug messages art not printed.

>> Please let me know if the UART to USB bridge/connector is connected to GPIO[46] - [49] of CX3. UART debug prints will help us to check the USB logs from the device side.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello.

I got the debug message. 

Please refer to the attached file.

Myongho_Nov_0-1638329196900.png

In the 16k test, it was impossible to obtain a log, so it was tested with 1k.

CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RETEY_EVT occurred at the time of Stop.

thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to this link for the error code 0xc000000e [MS-ERREF]: NTSTATUS Values | Microsoft Docs 

Also, I understand that you are using a modified USBBulkSrcSink firmware. Is my understanding correct? If yes, please share the modified firmware for us to check

To debug this issue please register for CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RESET_EVT in the CyU3PUsbRegisterEpEvtCallback and let me know if this event is seen?

Also, from the logs I can see 0xAC which corresponds to CYU3P_USB_LOG_USB_HP_TIMEOUT - Header Packet acknowledgment has not been received before the timer expires. This event occur due to a bad USB link.

Please confirm if the SDK version you are using is 1.3.4. with the build variable (project settings> c/c++ build>Build variable) of the firmware as 1_3_4

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello.

I'm using the Firmware 1.3.4 

Myongho_Nov_0-1638412054367.png

I read the Layout Guide and found the difference.

If the AC-CAP GND Cut-out  is like the picture, could that be a problem?

Myongho_Nov_1-1638412511435.png

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

After checking the attached custom UsbBulkSrcSink firmware, I didn't find any major changes.

Please let me know if the program control goes into the handling of  the clear feature request after the CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RETRY_EVT event is received. 

As the USB3.0 link is bad and the link improves when USB hub is used, you can try calling CyU3PUsbSetTxSwing API to set the Tx amplitude range for the USB 3.0 signals.

This API sets the Tx amplitude used by FX3 on the USB 3.0 interface. The device has only been tested to work properly under the default swing setting of 0.9V (swing value set to 90). This API is expected to be called before calling the CyU3PConnectState() API to enable USB connections. The swing value should be less than 1.28V (128). You can refer FX3APIGuide in the SDK for more details.

If the AC-CAP GND Cut-out  is like the picture, could that be a problem?

>> I will check this and let you know meanwhile can you check the above workaround and let me know

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello.

Clear feature request doesn't seems to happen.

There is no change when using th txSwing api(set 127).

thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if it is possible to capture USB trace using a hardware analyzer like Lecroy. If yes, please provide the USB traces using hardware analyzer.

>> Please let me know this

Also, let me know the USB trace length (on your custom board) and confirm if USB IF certified cable is used

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes