CX3 ROI request reject

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Is there a way to reject ROI requests sent by the Host?

As a background, there was a phenomenon that the device was disconnected, so when I checked the USB log, an ROI request was sent.

Depending on the application, the device will not disconnect and occasionally the frame may come off, but there is no change in the frame rate at 4Mpix 15fps.

As for the power supply, the LC filter was placed on the VDD1.2V line, and there was no large voltage drop. Only USB3.0 SuperSpeed is set in the descriptor. Probably not a power issue.

The meaning of "reject" is to ignore the request to the camera side or to change the firmware so that the UVC1.5 request is not sent to the host.

Thanks,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Tetsuo san,

Thank you for the traces.

From the traces, I see that ROI request is sent from host but the response is not sent by the device. Please let me know if the application needs the ROI control enabled. If no, the USB descriptors can be modified to disable the ROI control.

After the ROI request, I could see the request to control interface but the entity to which the request is 0 which is not expected. Camera (input terminal) has the ID as 1 and then processing unit (2), extension unit (3),and output terminal (4).

Please share the .pcap file (in .zip) so that I can check the USB status of the transfers and also let  me know what happens after instance till which the traces are shared. Does the device reset? 

Also, confirm if the problem is seen only with custom application or is it seen with host applications like AmCap/ eCamView/VLC/ MPC- HC

And when the device disconnects, the device power status is D3.

>> By disconnecting , do you mean the device resets? Please let me know how is power status checked. 

Please share the firmware so that the USB request handling can be checked.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Tetsuo san,

From the description, I understand that the device is getting disconnected and on checking the USB traces it seems that it is due ROI request from host. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, please share the firmware and USB trace  so that we can check the request coming from host and its handling in the firmware.

Also, let me know the frequency of this failure

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Rashi-san,

Thank you for your support.

We have confirmed the following websites.
https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/windows-driver-docs/blob/staging/windows-driver-docs-pr/stream/uvc-...

According to this site, the workaround seems to be INF file settings and registry settings. Is there a way to avoid the UVC1.5 specification request on the USB controller firmware side?

Please allow time for confirmation regarding the frequency of occurrence and the provision of FW.

Thank you,
Tetsuo

0 Likes

Hello Tetsuo san,

Is there a way to avoid the UVC1.5 specification request on the USB controller firmware side?

>> Before commenting on this we would need to check which USB request comes from the host and how is it handled in the firmware. We need to confirm the reason of the reset.

Meanwhile, please share the USB trace for me to check.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Rashi-san,

The software used for verification is designed to repeat the connection and disconnection of the DirectShow filter after device enumeration. USB communication repeats the attached data.

The frequency of this phenomenon may not occur even after several hours, or it may occur in about 10 minutes. And when the device disconnects, the device power status is D3.

Thanks,
Tetsuo

0 Likes

Hello Tetsuo san,

Thank you for the traces.

From the traces, I see that ROI request is sent from host but the response is not sent by the device. Please let me know if the application needs the ROI control enabled. If no, the USB descriptors can be modified to disable the ROI control.

After the ROI request, I could see the request to control interface but the entity to which the request is 0 which is not expected. Camera (input terminal) has the ID as 1 and then processing unit (2), extension unit (3),and output terminal (4).

Please share the .pcap file (in .zip) so that I can check the USB status of the transfers and also let  me know what happens after instance till which the traces are shared. Does the device reset? 

Also, confirm if the problem is seen only with custom application or is it seen with host applications like AmCap/ eCamView/VLC/ MPC- HC

And when the device disconnects, the device power status is D3.

>> By disconnecting , do you mean the device resets? Please let me know how is power status checked. 

Please share the firmware so that the USB request handling can be checked.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Rashi-san,

I am checking with the FW engineer in charge. Please give me some time.

Thanks,
Tetsuo

0 Likes