CX3 Multiple errors on 2 data lane setting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a testing environment which generates an image pattern at 640x480 pixels for transmission over CSI2 to the CX3, using 1 data lane and 800 MBit/s speed. Using standard VGA config I'm able to receive the pattern using eCAM tool on the PC at 30fps.

However, after changing the pattern generator to 2 data lanes and setting 2 lanes in the according CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t structure in cycx3_uvcdscr.c, the frame rate drops to 0 and I'm getting MIPI errors on the CX3:

Framing Error Count = 0x0

CRC Error Count = 0x0

Multi-Data Lane Sync Byte Error Count = 0xFF

Control Error (Incorrect Line State Sequence) Count = 0x0

Unsupported Packet ID Error Count = 0x0

Recoverable Packet Header Error Count = 0x29

Unrecoverable Packet Header Error Count = 0xFF

Recoverable Sync Byte Error Count = 0x0

Unrecoverable Sync Byte Error Count = 0x0

So what could be the reason for this? Do I have to change additional settings? Please help.

Johannes

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Johannes,

I notice that you post a new configuration set of MIPI block. It looks fine. You may use the MIPI configuration tool to check them.

After you check these parameters in the configuration tool. Please check if you pass the corresponding data using CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams.

You could also check if the MIPI block is configured correctly by invoking API CyU3PMipicsiQueryIntfParams.

I notice that you are using TI ic to act as MIPI TX part. As you may know, the max data rate of CX3 is 1G bit/s per lane. If you use two lane, then each of them is 1Gbit/s and the total data rate will be 2Gbit/s.  If you are using 4 lane, the total data per second should not exceed 2.4Gbits since it is the maximum of CX3.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Johannes,

Can you make a screenshot of the CX3 MIPI configuration tool?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello yyca,

yes:

pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps.

Regards

Johannes

0 Likes

Hi Johannes,

Please also attach the first page like this one.BaiduShurufa_2018-6-13_16-54-59.bmp

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

why do you need this? Output video format is 16-Bit, everything else is information that you can get from my screenshot of the second page.

Regards

Johannes

0 Likes

Hi Johannes,

I check your parameter on my side. It looks fine. Which sensor are you using? If it is OV5640, you could send me the firmware and I could check the firmwre on my kit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello yyca,

unfortunately it's not an OV5640, it's a TI UB954 using the Pattern Generator functionality. Could you maybe check the following generated config if it looks fine?

CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t Resolution2 = 

{

CY_U3P_CSI_DF_YUV422_8_2,  /* CyU3PMipicsiDataFormat_t dataFormat */

2,                          /* uint8_t numDataLanes */

2, /* uint8_t pllPrd */

89, /* uint16_t pllFbd */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_FRS_250_500M, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkFrs_t pllFrs */ 

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_4, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t csiRxClkDiv */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_4, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t parClkDiv */

0,                 /* uint16_t mClkCtl */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_2, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t mClkRefDiv */

640,         /* uint16_t hResolution */

1                         /* uint16_t fifoDelay */

};

Could it be that the PLL settings don't match for the 400 MHz signal?

Thanks in advance

Johannes

0 Likes

Hi Johannes,

I notice that you post a new configuration set of MIPI block. It looks fine. You may use the MIPI configuration tool to check them.

After you check these parameters in the configuration tool. Please check if you pass the corresponding data using CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams.

You could also check if the MIPI block is configured correctly by invoking API CyU3PMipicsiQueryIntfParams.

I notice that you are using TI ic to act as MIPI TX part. As you may know, the max data rate of CX3 is 1G bit/s per lane. If you use two lane, then each of them is 1Gbit/s and the total data rate will be 2Gbit/s.  If you are using 4 lane, the total data per second should not exceed 2.4Gbits since it is the maximum of CX3.

0 Likes