Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yaqi_4776616
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

hello,

I created a CX3 project, I observed the sensor output with an oscilloscope, and my sensor configuration was successfully able to output the expected data and clock.
But the interface where CX3 parses the data is not connected and there is no way to view the hysn vysn signal.
Now I can use JLINK for single step debugging, but I want to view the uart log, I want to know if I can view it with jlink? Or is there another way?

yaqi_4776616_0-1619667098159.png

I also downloaded Tera term but it doesn't have any information

yaqi_4776616_1-1619667183853.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Yaqi,

From the screenshots you shared, it looks like your J-Link adapter has VCOM interface enabled. To make sure that you can view UART log, you can select the COM3 in teraterm and send few characters. While sending the characters, you can probe the TX lines of the adapter (which connects to UART port of FX3). If you see activity on the UART lines, then you can use it for viewing UART logs.

And regarding flow control, please check the API call CyU3PUartSetConfig() in your cx3 firmware. Flowcontrol can be disabled using this API.

Regards,

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

Are you using 'usb to serial' bridge to connect CX3's UART port to PC?

1. Please check if you have enabled flow control while calling CyU3PUartSetConfig(). If yes, please disable and test.

2. Take a UART trace with logic analyzer and check if the prints are coming out.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi Hemanth,

Thank you very much for your help! Let me answer your question:

Are you using 'usb to serial' bridge to connect CX3's UART port to PC?

——I only use jlink debugging, the following figure jlink contains JLINK CDC UART Port[COM3], so can I use jlink to view UART logs?

yaqi_4776616_0-1619676928909.png

1. Please check if you have enabled flow control while calling CyU3PUartSetConfig(). If yes, please disable and test.

——I don't know how to check if flow control is enabled。

2. Take a UART trace with logic analyzer and check if the prints are coming out.

——I don't have a logic analyzer here

The most important thing I want to know now is whether I can view the UART log using the JLINK CDC UART Port [COM3], and if so what do I need to do?

Regards,

Yaqi

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Yaqi,

From the screenshots you shared, it looks like your J-Link adapter has VCOM interface enabled. To make sure that you can view UART log, you can select the COM3 in teraterm and send few characters. While sending the characters, you can probe the TX lines of the adapter (which connects to UART port of FX3). If you see activity on the UART lines, then you can use it for viewing UART logs.

And regarding flow control, please check the API call CyU3PUartSetConfig() in your cx3 firmware. Flowcontrol can be disabled using this API.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes