CX3 Frame Content code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am using a CX3 Dev Kit to interface to an Omnivision OCSHA10 image sensor. I had asked earlier if there was an API to get the frame buffer data returned by the image sensor via Solved: Re: How to get image frame content in CX3 - Infineon Developer Community. I also got some reference from another question on how to read the DMA buffer.

I am having an issue where I am getting a good image, but its always green in color. I want to be able to read one full frame so that I can check the pixel values and understand how the image is formed.

Is there any way, I can get the relevant CX3 code so that I can get access to the frame buffer? If provided, I can build the CX3 code with debug statements and check the behavior.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Subramanyan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Reading the contents of the DMA buffer (image data) in CX3 will require memory to store a whole video frame.

Due to memory constraints on CX3 (for 512 KB SRAM part - 224 KB are allocated to DMA buffers), we do not recommend storing the video frame in CX3 as it will slow the video streaming and there are chances of data loss. Instead we would recommend to analyze the frame either on the USB host side or by analyzing USB traces (using software analyzer like Wireshark)

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Reading the contents of the DMA buffer (image data) in CX3 will require memory to store a whole video frame.

Due to memory constraints on CX3 (for 512 KB SRAM part - 224 KB are allocated to DMA buffers), we do not recommend storing the video frame in CX3 as it will slow the video streaming and there are chances of data loss. Instead we would recommend to analyze the frame either on the USB host side or by analyzing USB traces (using software analyzer like Wireshark)

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes