CX3 Design for H-Blanking and V-Blanking period

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

I use the CMOS sensor below to create the FW, and I want to set H-Blanking and V-blanking time.

maker  : Omnivision

Product : OV2312

output I/F: MIPI

Resolution : 1280 x 720@60fps

Format  : RAW10

However, I can not get the H-Blanking and V-Blanking time from CMOS maker.In this case,  Is there any other method to know the H and V-Blanking period?

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Arai san,

The H blanking period and V blanking period can be calculated if we have the H Blanking (in pixels) and V Blanking (in lines) or if we have the V Total (in lines) and H Total (in pixels) of the sensor.

Please contact the sensor vendor for the H blanking (pixels) / H Total (in pixels) and V Blanking (in lines)/ V Total (in lines) settings for the given (1280*720 ) resolution. After getting those values, the sensor is configured with those values to get the desired video stream.

Please refer to this KBA Analysis of CX3 Video Timing Parameters – KBA226779 for the calculations of video timing parameter

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Arai san,

The H blanking period and V blanking period can be calculated if we have the H Blanking (in pixels) and V Blanking (in lines) or if we have the V Total (in lines) and H Total (in pixels) of the sensor.

Please contact the sensor vendor for the H blanking (pixels) / H Total (in pixels) and V Blanking (in lines)/ V Total (in lines) settings for the given (1280*720 ) resolution. After getting those values, the sensor is configured with those values to get the desired video stream.

Please refer to this KBA Analysis of CX3 Video Timing Parameters – KBA226779 for the calculations of video timing parameter

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes